Top-ranking Trader Joe’s holiday treats this season

Stephanie Li/Staff
Stephanie Li/Staff
Stephanie Li/Staff

Halloween is over, which means that the holidays are finally here. That also equates to Trader Joe’s having an abundance of holiday treats, and its snack game is strong. So go ahead and get crazy because these special buys won’t be on the shelves forever.

Gingerbread molasses cookie dough
This scrumptious gingerbread cookie dough is perfectly pre-portioned and bakes in just 15 minutes. It’s made with real ingredients like eggs and vanilla and has an array of spices including fresh ginger, molasses, cloves and cinnamon that give it that “fall exploding in your mouth” kind of feeling.

Stephanie Li/Staff

Stephanie Li/Staff

Gingerbread oat bars
These ready-to-eat gingerbread bars taste similar to a soft gingerbread cookie and look like they’re from a cute little bakery Downtown. They’re great to have as a light snack or dessert to satisfy your holiday sweet tooth.

Stephanie Li/Staff

Stephanie Li/Staff

Candy cane joe-joe’s
They taste like Oreos but 10 times better. They have tiny bits of candy cane mixed into the cream of the cookie, which gives the whole cookie a nice, subtle crunch. The peppermint flavor isn’t overbearing, but just enough to taste like the remnants of a candy cane. You could definitely eat a lot of these in one sitting without realizing what you’re doing.

Stephanie Li/Staff

Stephanie Li/Staff

Dark chocolate covered peppermint joe joe’s
Imagine Candy Cane Joe-Joe’s taken to a whole new level — is that even possible? The dark chocolate covered peppermint joe joe’s live up to the high standard of Trader Joes’ desserts. If you’re a fan of the chocolate-peppermint combo, this cookie will easily surpass your expectations and more. What’s even better, or the cherry on top, is the generous sprinkle of candy cane pieces on top of the dark chocolate coating.

Stephanie Li/Staff

Stephanie Li/Staff

Peppermint pretzel slims
These pretzel slims master the fine art of crafting a balance of sweet, salty, crunchy and cool that we haven’t experienced in any other snack. The base is a simple pretzel thin which is then coated in creamy white chocolate topped with crushed peppermints.

Stephanie Li/Staff

Stephanie Li/Staff

Mini gingerbread men
These bite-sized cookies are sweet and spicy. They have a nice crunch without being too hard and are even covered in white fudge icing. Two or three cookies can quickly turn into the whole box. They’re really that good.

Stephanie Li/Staff

Stephanie Li/Staff

Pumpkin cheesecake
It wouldn’t be the holidays without pumpkin. This cheesecake can be found in the freezer aisle and needs to be thawed out at room temperature for about an hour before serving. It’s basically a cross between the Trader Joe’s cheesecake and a traditional pumpkin pie. Amazing, if we do say so ourselves.

Stephanie Li/Staff

Stephanie Li/Staff

Pumpkin butter
It may not be pumpkin pie, but it’s pretty a darn close version in a jar. Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter doesn’t actually have any butter, but it does have a very rich, butter-like consistency. You can either have it on its own or mix it with some whipped cream cheese and spread it onto toast, sprinkling it with cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice). You can also warm it up and put it on top of vanilla ice cream.

Stephanie Li/Staff

Stephanie Li/Staff

Contact Dorsa Moslehi at [email protected].