Quiz: Which Thanksgiving side dish are you exactly?

Thanksgiving.clog.krandel
Roadsidepictures/Creative Commons

Thanksgiving is nothing without an impressive, hand-picked turkey. But we at the Clog believe this special holiday is nothing without an exciting selection of appetizers present, too. The building blocks of any meal, a side dish is key to a successful Turkey Day. And if you’ve ever wondered which Thanksgiving starter you are (and we know you have), we’ve got you covered!

1. Is Thanksgiving your favorite holiday of the year?
    1. Of course! I love the idea of giving and gratitude.
    2. Are you kidding? A fireplace and a big man dressed in red? Christmas is where I’m at.
    3. Nah, I don’t see why Thanksgiving gets all the hype. I’m more of a National Pancake Day kind of person.
    4. Thanksgiving’s cool, but Halloween’s got to be my favorite. The thought of jolting people I don’t like with creepy masks and haunted houses keeps me going.
  2. What’s the biggest contributing factor to those classic Thanksgiving vibes?
    1. Family!
    2. A turkey, duh.
    3. Hot chocolate, in peppermint, white and salted caramel, of course.
    4. A week off from school. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday just aren’t enough.
  3. What are your plans for the very start of Thanksgiving day?
    1. Help cook for the meal!
    2. Play football in the yard — it’s a family tradition.
    3. Get together with some friends and watch “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” while we chug apple cider.
    4. SLEEP.
  4. What do you wear to your Thanksgiving meal?
    1. Does it matter? Thanksgiving’s all about putting others before yourself. It’s time to take a step back from the mirror and look around you.
    2. A beanie and a fuzzy sweater!
    3. Anything that screams holiday spirit. I’m thinking something with a big feathery turkey.
    4. Chestnut-colored Uggs for sure. Who says they’re out of fashion?
  5. What are you most thankful for this year?
    1. All the amazing people I’ve met at UC Berkeley so far.
    2. You mean other than food, water and air? A better question would be what aren’t I thankful for.
    3. First Fridays and happy hours.
    4. The fact that midterms are finally winding down. Professors think they can assign three exams, a paper and weekly quizzes for one class. Seriously?
  6. Where’s your go-to on Black Friday?
    1. I don’t go shopping much on Black Friday. I’d rather help out at the soup kitchen.
    2. Macy’s or Bloomingdales — no question.
    3. Black Friday’s are hectic. I take pride in my ability to online shop on Cyber Monday, instead.
    4. The sales never impress me. There might be a 30 percent markdown, but prices are still hella high.
  7. Where are you going to nap after your post-food coma?
    1. Nap? And take away from the time I have with the people I love? I’d never!
    2. I’m finally home after months of sleeping in a dorm room Moffitt. I’m going straight to my bed.
    3. I’ll probably go right to the nearest couch. Heck, I can even make the carpet work.
    4. Right at the table. I’m a hard-working college student and if I feel the urge to nap coming on strong, I’m just gonna go for it.
    1. You are a platter of honey-roasted yams, undoubtedly the sweetest dish of the course! While you might be difficult to peel at first, everybody knows you’ve got a huge soft side. People know they can come to you with just about anything and you’ll always be there.
    2. You’re a classic steaming bowl of creamy mashed potatoes. Everybody’s eyes light up when they see you, and you’re essential to just about any gathering. You embrace everyone with your warm heart and consistently make people feel at home. The night just can’t go on without you.
    3. You’re a zesty cranberry sauce! The perfect combination of sweet and tart, you like to mix things up and keep people on their toes. They never know what’s coming, but you’re always served cool, giving people just the refreshing kick they need.
    4. You’re a savory cauliflower fix. People might think you’re a little plain at first, but once they see just how seasoned you are, they’re so thankful to know you. It doesn’t take much to make you salty and you will likely hold a grudge. Nonetheless, just as cauliflower goes well with any type of meat, you go along with just about anything, and everyone loves that about you.

Contact Shaked Salem at [email protected].