Defeating the dead: A playlist for RRR week

coloredited_jessicakhauv_blog_beachman
Jessica Khauv/File

Well pals, it has arrived. The week of the dead. For those of you who have been here before, you know the drill. For those of you who haven’t yet had the extreme luxury and privilege of experiencing RRR week, best of luck to you. Just remember to have some fun along the bumpy road that will be the next two weeks. But guess what! This semester is finally almost over and what follows is a type of heaven that consists of a month off with no academic responsibilities. So, you’ve got this. And here is a playlist to make sure that you’ve definitely got this.

“rockstar” — Post Malone, 21 Savage

Let’s start this week off with some good vibes. After all, the fact that you’ve even made it all the way to dead week means that you’re a rockstar.

“Work Song” — Hozier

#NoDaysOff. The grind never stops. Actually, it’s just begun.

“Silence” — Marshmello, Khalid

Relatable when your friend somehow convinced you to accompany them to the Engineering Library and all you want is some good old Main Stacks silence.

“Erase Me” — Kid Cudi, Kanye West

When you’re in Moffitt because it’s 4 a.m. and the grind still hasn’t stopped, but now every answer seems as if it’s wrong and needs to be erased. It’s time to go home, buddy.

“Way Down We Go” — Kaleo

It’s 5 a.m. You’re still in Moffitt. Caffeine can’t sustain you any longer. This is when delusion completely sets in and your mind starts to spiral uncontrollably.

“Good Old Days” — Macklemore, Kesha

On your walk home, reminiscing about better times is only natural. Embrace it.

“Torture Me” — Red Hot Chili Peppers

When you forgot to turn your alarm off for your 8 a..m. and it takes you another hour to fall back asleep.

“Come Together” — The Beatles

You finally wake up a few hours later to the smell of fresh bagels because your housemates just brought home a dozen from Noah’s. That’s about as pure of a coming together moment as one can experience.

“Never Give Up On Me” — MisterWives

You wanted to procrastinate so badly that you took a shower for at least 45 minutes, but your best friend waited in your room that whole time anyway so that you could cruise the library together.

“Godspeed” — Frank Ocean

So you took too long of a shower. And have an unbelievable amount of work left. Godspeed, my friend.

“Don’t Stop Believin’” — Journey

It’s Friday of dead week. You’re so close, yet so far. The only thing that will allow your brain to continue absorbing information is a positive outlook. Good vibes only.

“Rollercoaster” — Bleachers

It’s Sunday of dead week. You somehow made it. A rollercoaster of emotions doesn’t even begin to explain the week, which somehow felt like a century. R.I.P.

“Get Free” — Lana Del Rey

Your mantra throughout the remainder of finals week. With each final you take, you inch closer and closer to being free from school and getting out of here ASAP Rocky.

“You’re Gonna Go Far, Kid” — The Offspring

What your grandpa says to you while you’re sitting on your comfortable couch by the fireplace with your dog. It means he’s proud of you. And you should be proud of yourself!

We hope this playlist helps you study your hearts out and ace (or get a standard deviation above the mean, which is basically acing) your finals. More importantly, we hope it makes you feel more alive than dead. We at the Clog believe in you. Good luck!

Contact Annie Hatton at [email protected].