‘Hot prowl’ burglary reported in University Village Albany apartment complex

A “hot prowl” burglary occurred at University Village Albany, according to a UCPD Nixle alert released about noon Sunday.

The alert said a resident at University Village was awoken and allegedly saw the suspect while he was inspecting his apartment. He allegedly confronted the suspect, who then fled the apartment and was last seen running westward near Codornices Creek, according to the alert

The suspect is a Black woman in her early 20s with a heavy build, and she was last seen wearing a blue sweater and blue jeans, according to the alert.

The alert described a hot prowl burglary as an individual entering or attempting to enter a home while someone is inside. The alert added that hot prowl burglaries are dangerous because of the possible confrontation between the intruder and occupant.

UCPD asks that anyone who has information about this crime or knows of any recent similar incidents contact the UCPD Criminal Investigations Bureau at 510-642-0472 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or 510-642-6760 at all other times.

Check back for updates.

Sakura Cannestra is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @SakuCannestra.

• Curtis Jones

What do you expect, it is just down the road from Richmond.