Berkeley Police Department asks public for help identifying robbery suspect

unnamed-1-copy

Berkeley Police Department released a Nixle alert Thursday afternoon asking the community to help identify a robbery suspect.

BPD responded to an assault and attempted robbery at a Chevron gas station at 1300 San Pablo Ave. before 8 p.m. Dec. 21, according to the alert. The victim, a gas station employee, alleged that the suspect jumped over the counter and assaulted him. The victim had a bloody nose and lips and was transported to a local hospital for his injuries, according to the alert.

The alert described the suspect as a Black male adult, 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet ten inches, 160-170 pounds, wearing a black beanie, white hoodie, black jeans and white shoes.

Anyone with information about the suspect’s identity is asked to call Robbery Detective Joe LeDoux at 510-981-5742 or email [email protected].

Check back for updates.

Jessíca Jiménez is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and and follow her on Twitter at @jesscajimenez_dc.

• California Defender

Interesting.

Does this all too common class of criminal know that the minimum wage cashier will surrender the $87.12 in the register if they demand it?

Why do they insist on viciously attacking these poor defenseless people as they steal the dazzling riches of gas stations? Is it just for fun? Animalistic instinct? Why?