Man stabbed in People’s Park

crime_danielkim_file-copy
Daniel Kim/File

UCPD responded to a stabbing in People’s Park late Monday night, according to a UCPD Nixle alert released Wednesday morning.

The stabbing was the result of an altercation between two unaffiliated males, stated the alert. The victim and the suspect began punching each other. The suspect then pulled out a knife and allegedly stabbed the victim in the head “at least twice,” said the alert.

The victim was transported to a local hospital, where he was treated for injuries that were not life-threatening.

The suspect was described as a white male, 26 years of age, weighing approximately 150 pounds, with blue eyes and brown hair. He was last seen wearing a grey t-shirt, black cargo pants and a purple and white bandana.

Sterling Steinmetz, 26, was detained and arrested by BPD near Parker Street and Telegraph Avenue for matching the description of the suspect.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call (510) 642-0472.

Check back for updates.

Amber Tang is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @ambertang_dc.

• flashsteve

I don’t know what ‘unaffiliated’ means in this context, but you are obviously affiliated if you are in a disagreement with them that leads to stabbing.