2 loaded pistols found in vehicle in Berkeley Marina

Berkeley police discovered two loaded pistols in a vehicle in the Berkeley Marina early Sunday morning, according to a Nixle alert issued Tuesday.

During a security check in a parking lot, an officer observed two people sleeping in a vehicle. When the officer approached the driver’s side window he viewed an open container of alcohol and the driver holding a pipe used to smoke methamphetamine, according to the alert.

When another officer arrived at the scene, the officers woke the two occupants and had them exit the vehicle. A pistol was spotted on the driver’s floorboard, and after a search of the vehicle, a second loaded pistol was found in a gun box on the back seat, along with a leaded cane, the alert stated.

The occupants were identified as Mamun Saeidah, 31, of Suisun, and Corina Tito-Lopez, 25, of Berkeley. Saeidah was arrested and booked on weapons charges, as well as alleged possession of drug paraphernalia, a probation violation and driving a motor vehicle while his license was suspended for driving under the influence. Tito-Lopez was arrested for alleged possession of a concealed firearm in a vehicle and carrying a loaded firearm, according to the alert.

Sydney Fix is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @sydney_fix.