Meal-prepped bacon and egg sliders for the entire week

blog_isaac-schmitt_courtesy
Isaac Schmitt/Courtesy

We at the Clog know how hard it is to prepare breakfast when we’ve got early classes (or not), so we’ve prepared a recipe that’ll have you set for an entire week’s worth of breakfast. Simply prepare these easy breakfast sliders Sunday night and freeze them for the week to come. What better pair than sweet and savory? This perfect combination of flavors will have your taste buds prepped and happy for the day ahead.

Recipe: Breakfast Sliders

Total Time: 90 minutes Yields: 6 sliders

Ingredients

6 King’s Hawaiian rolls

1/2 tablespoon butter per roll

Drizzle of vegetable oil

6 slices Canadian bacon

8 eggs

1/3 cup milk, soy milk or almond milk

Pepper, to taste

Tabasco sauce, to taste

Directions

First, cut your King’s Hawaiian rolls in half. Heat your stove to low heat and add butter to the pan. Lay your rolls flat on the pan with the insides facing the pan. Heat until the buns have achieved a golden toast. Repeat this step until you have prepped all 6 rolls.

Next, set the stove on medium-high heat to cook your Canadian bacon. Drizzle your vegetable oil until your pan is lightly coated and add your bacon. Grill on each side for about 2 minutes. When all of your bacon has been cooked, add a slice of bacon to each Hawaiian roll.

Crack all 8 eggs in a medium-sized bowl, and whisk until they’re completely mixed. Add milk, soy milk or almond milk, depending on your preference. Beat the milk in the eggs and sprinkle some black pepper to taste.

Add the eggs on a lightly greased clean pan over medium-low heat. Fold the eggs until they are lightly scrambled and soft. Try not to overcook them. When the eggs are done, add equal amounts of the eggs on each Hawaiian roll on top of your Canadian bacon.

Once you have assembled your breakfast sandwiches, freeze them for future breakfasts! When you wish to reheat the sandwiches, you can simply wrap the sandwich in a paper towel and microwave for 45 seconds to a minute. To top off your sandwich, you can add Tabasco sauce to spice things up. Voila! Your very own Jimmy Dean breakfast awaits.

Chelsea Song is the assistant blog editor. Contact Chelsea Song at [email protected].

• Kelly

Chelsea’s suggestion on prepping breakfast for the entire week makes a lot of sense. Being pressured by time in the morning is the single biggest reason most people don’t eat breakfast. If you’re living with a couple of roommates this concept works even better. Here’s a kitchen tool that really helps in the prepping process.It’s called the Bacon Pro. Granted, I am biased, since I’m the inventor and all, but it cooks 23 slices of bacon all at once in the microwave. It is quick, clean, easy, and healthier. The fat drips away and the bacon can also be saved for later use in all kinds of recipes.

This is not some cheap drug store bacon cooker. Many housewares experts believe it’s the best bacon cooker ever made for the microwave. There’s not a efficient cook in the world who would go back to cooking bacon in the oven or on the stove-top. Check it out; https://www.baconpro.com and watch the video about how it works.