Things to do in and around the Bay Area this February

bay_michaelwan_file-copy
Michael Wan/File

February is almost here, which means it’s time to start planning what you’ll being doing in your limited amount of spare time. Take a look at what’s going on in the Bay Area this coming month with the Clog’s handy guide.

Queens of the Stone Age at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium (Feb. 1)

Why not get your weekend started early? The legendary desert-rock band comes to San Francisco this Thursday in support of its fun new record, Villains. Anyone in need of an opportunity to rock all those beginning-of-semester worries away shouldn’t pass this one up.

Floating Garden of Emotions at Asian Art Museum (Feb. 4)

Bottling things up? Have something you need to get off your chest? Artists Jasper Speicher and Marie Applegate bring to San Francisco the Floating Garden of Emotions, an interactive exercise that taps into the emotions of ourselves and others, encouraging compassion along the way. Not to mention that the Dalai Lama has co-signed it.

For the Love of Chocolate Festival at Market Hall Foods on Fourth (Feb. 10)

Did somebody say … chocolate (insert Spongebob meme here)? That’s right, Berkeley’s Market Hall Foods will be hosting a wonderful day of chocolate, at which you can sample different types, mix it with other foods or bring home something tasty to eat while studying. Come satisfy your sweet tooth on Feb. 10.

Drake vs. Kanye at Mezzanine SF (Feb. 10)

Are you Team Yeezy or Team Drizzy? Want to show off your passion for either one? Hit up Mezzanine for a sure-to-be-fun Saturday night celebrating two of the biggest artists in music today. Whether you feel like Pablo or you want to run with your woes, this will surely be a fun time.

‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show’ at UC Theatre (Feb. 14)

Need a Valentine’s Day date idea? Single and need something to distract yourself from all of those affectionate couples? Cult classic film “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” will be screened in Downtown Berkeley for the occasion. Feel free to dress in costume and unleash your weird side.

Noise Pop Music & Arts Festival (Feb. 19-25)

Each February, Noise Pop exhibits some of the finest independent musicians, with shows taking place across the Bay Area for a week. Some of this year’s highlights include Real Estate, Jay Electronica and Japanese Breakfast. Plenty of artists who have previously played the showcase went on to achieve great success (Carly Rae Jepsen, Vince Staples and Courtney Barnett, to name a few), so don’t miss out on an opportunity to see your new favorite band before it blows up!

Have a wonderful February, Bears!

Contact Doug Smith at [email protected].