Edible eggless cookie dough recipe that will bring back childhood memories

cookie1_allisonfong_staff
Allison Fong/Staff

For many, eating raw cookie dough brings back pleasant memories of simpler times when there were no worries in life besides deciding who you were going to play with during recess or wondering what your mom packed you for lunch. There were no worries about declaring your major, paying rent or how to balance a full course load and a social life. Channel your childhood and try this eggless cookie dough recipe! This recipe uses uncooked flour, which shouldn’t be eaten raw because of the potential presence of bacteria, but there’s nothing 5 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees can’t fix! Baking the flour helps kill any harmful bacteria so you can eat this delicious cookie dough worry-free. The base of this recipe is a sugar cookie, so you can mix and match your favorite toppings to really make it your own. Add some sprinkles for a Funfetti-inspired treat or simply add chocolate chips. Whatever you decide to throw in there, it’ll definitely be a treat!

Recipe: Edible cookie dough

Total time: 30 minutes | Yield: 2-3 servings

Ingredients

1 cup flour

6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened

½ cup granulated sugar

¼ cup brown sugar

1½  tablespoon milk

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Pinch of salt

Toppings of your choice!

Instructions

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spread flour onto a baking sheet and put it into the oven when it has reached the desired temperature. Bake for 5 minutes and let it cool completely.

cookie2_allisonfong_staff

Mix the butter and sugars together in a large bowl until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.

cookie5_allisonfong_staff

Proceed to add the milk and vanilla extract to the mixture. Stir well to combine. Slowly add in the flour and salt mixture until it’s blended thoroughly.

cookie4_allisonfong_staff

Add toppings of your choice or enjoy as it is for a yummy edible sugar cookie dough. We chopped up a candy bar for our edible cookie dough, and it was delicious!

cookie3_allisonfong_staff

If you have any leftovers — which will probably be very unlikely — store it in the fridge so you can enjoy it later.

So, what are you waiting for? Grab a spoon and dig in!

Contact Allison Fong at [email protected].