6 Berkeley restaurants that’ll wow your date this Valentine’s Day

restaurants_mdrummond_file
Michael Drummond/File

Good food is the key to everyone’s heart. That’s why you need to put special consideration into where you take your sweetie on Valentine’s Day. Lucky for you, Berkeley is chock-full of eateries where you don’t have to sacrifice great food for a romantic setting. Here are some of the best places to go in the city if you want to wow your bae.

Lucia’s 

2016 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley, CA 94704 | $$

No other pizzeria in Berkeley has an ambiance quite like Lucia’s. Everything in the restaurant is candlelit and bathed in the outside sign’s pink neon light. Not to mention that it’s one of the best slices you can get in Berkeley (we recommend the prosciutto and rucola pizza).

Grégoire

2109 Cedar St., Berkeley, CA 94709 | $$

restaurants_file

Located in a quaint little shack on Northside, this French restaurant is about as romantic as a place can get. On the benches outside, you can enjoy the restaurant’s signature potato puffs and look up at the stars as you eat.

Comal

2020 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley, CA 94704 | $$

restaurants1_file

Comal has amazing Mexican food and even better margaritas — enough to win anybody’s heart. The lighting is dim and the setup is intimate, making it perfect for a Valentine’s Day date. Order the homemade chips and guacamole for a real treat.

Venus

2327 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley, CA 94704 | $$

restaurants2_file

Nothing else says romance quite like brick walls and string lights. Venus has all the makings of an eatery that will make your sweetheart swoon. It’s also a great brunch spot if you want to start your V-Day early.

Angeline’s Louisiana Kitchen

2261 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley, CA 94704 | $$

restaurants3_file

Shake things up by bringing your honey to this delicious Cajun restaurant on Valentine’s Day. Filling your date’s belly with comfort food (specifically the jambalaya) is a great way to say “I love you.”

Little Gem Belgian Waffles

2468 Telegraph Ave A, Berkeley, CA 94704 | $

restaurants_amcnamara_file

Who needs a real Valentine’s Day dinner when you can just get waffles? Sometimes it’s good to keep it casual on V-Day, especially if you’re running low on cash or if you’re not exactly “official” with your date yet. Plus, we bet you that waffles smothered in Nutella and whipped cream will impress your boo more than any fancy meal ever could.

No matter where you decide to take your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day, we at the Clog hope you have a wonderful meal and an even better night!

Contact Jessica Lynn at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @jessicailynn.