Bake to impress with this delicious and easy fruit tart recipe

Kelly Fong/Staff

There’s no doubt that fruit tarts are one of the best desserts of all time. They’re sweet pastries topped with some of your favorite fruits, which trick your mind into thinking you are eating something healthy. Don’t shy away from this recipe, mediocre bakers. Although it might look like an intricate recipe, it’s surprisingly quite easy (not kidding)! There’s only a total of 10-15 minutes of baking time, and the rest is dedicated to assembling the tart. Don’t be afraid! Go ahead and try out this easy, mouthwatering fruit tart recipe with a crisp pecan crust and a hint of apricot cream cheese filling. You will surely impress your friends and family!

Recipe: Fruit Tart

Total time: 50 minutes | Yield: 8 servings

½ cup powdered sugar

1 cup all-purpose flour

½ cup crushed pecans

¾ cup unsalted butter (about 1 ½ sticks)

A pinch of salt

8-ounce package cream cheese, softened

½ cup granulated sugar

2 teaspoons apricot preserves

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

A small amount of lime zest (optional)

Any seasonal fruits!

12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

For the crust, combine the powdered sugar, flour, pecans, butter and salt into a large bowl. Mix the ingredients by hand or with a mixer until the dough forms a ball.

Place the dough onto the tart pan. We recommend that you use a tart pan with a removable bottom. This will allow you to remove the crust easily without any damage. Make sure to spread out the dough evenly throughout the entire pan and to carefully push the dough into the indentations in the sides. Bake for 10-15 minutes and set aside to cool.

For the filling, blend the cream cheese, sugar, apricot preserves, vanilla extract and lime zest together. Stir until smooth. Proceed to spread the filling over the crust. As for the toppings, it is completely up to you on what kind of fruits you want on your tart and the where you want to place them. Be creative! Let the artist in you shine! We decided to place strawberries, mangoes, blueberries and raspberries on our fruit tart, and it was definitely toothsome.

Voila! The fruit tart is complete! Remember to place the leftovers in the fridge — but we doubt there will be any! Enjoy!

Contact Kelly Fong at [email protected].

• Annie Yu

I wanna try some!!!!!!!