Victim of Aquatic Park stabbing paralyzed with severe brain injury

Berkeley Aquatic Park
Karen Ling/File
Berkeley Aquatic Park

After a woman was found stabbed Feb. 15 at Aquatic Park, Berkeley Police Department arrested Christopher Crosby on Feb. 20 for attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon and the victim remains hospitalized.

The 38-year-old homeless woman was found stabbed in the neck. Berkeley police suspected the incident was perpetrated by 29-year-old Crosby, who is also homeless, according to BPD spokesperson Sgt. Andrew Frankel. Berkeley Fire Department transferred the woman to a local hospital, and she was confirmed paralyzed because of a severe brain injury, as first reported by Berkeleyside.

This is the third reported stabbing and second reported assault with a deadly weapon near or in Berkeley this year.

One possible stabbing was reported at MacArthur BART station earlier this month, and another stabbing was reported at People’s Park in early January.

Crosby also has several violent felony violations, which include a prior alleged strike, second-degree robbery, second-degree burglary and receiving stolen property, according to Alameda County’s Inmate Locator.

Crosby is currently being held without bail at Santa Rita Jail and has a plea hearing set for March 6 at the René C. Davidson Courthouse at 9 a.m.

Jessíca Jiménez is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and and follow her on Twitter at @jesscajimenez_dc.