Quiz: Which Best Picture nominee are you?

lady-bird_scott-rudin-productions-courtesy-copy
Scott Rudin Productions/Courtesy

With the 90th Oscars taking place this Sunday, we at the Clog are here to answer the one question that’s probably been on your mind all awards season long: Which Best Picture nominee do you embody most? Whether it’s the wit and charm of “Lady Bird or the grit and despair of “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri,” surely one of these critically acclaimed films matches perfectly with your demeanor and personality. So take our quiz to find out whether you’ll win the Oscar on Sunday (or if you’ll experience yet another “Moonlight” fiasco).

1. Pizza topping of choice?
    1. Pepperoni, duh!
    2. Hard-boiled eggs.
    3. Plain ol’ cheese for me, please.
    4. Pizza is a disgrace of a food.
  2. Pick a number:
    1. 18
    2. 1
    3. 7
    4. 3
  3. Pick a song:
    1. “Cry Me a River” by Justin Timberlake.
    2. Whatever song fish creatures like.
    3. “Redbone” by Childish Gambino (stay woke, kids).
    4. “Life in the Fast Lane” by the Eagles, because why the heck not?
  4. Favorite movie genre?
    1. Coming-of-age
    2. Fantasy/something that somehow qualifies as a romance
    3. Horror
    4. Pure drama
  5. If you could hop on a plane and visit anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go?
    1. Where writers live in the woods.
    2. A government laboratory in none other than good ol’ Baltimore.
    3. My girlfriend’s parents’ countryside home.
    4. Missouri, everyone’s dream destination.
  6. Favorite pastime?
    1. Fighting with my mom and then making up at our local thrift store.
    2. Pursuing a relationship with a fish man.
    3. Getting hypnotized by my girlfriend’s mother.
    4. Renting billboards.
  7. Which movie should’ve actually won Best Picture at last year’s Oscars?
    1. “Moonlight” was the rightful winner.
    2. “La La Land” got robbed!
    3. Neither. Um, can we talk about “Fences” or “Arrival”, please?
    4. I honestly couldn’t care less.
  8.  
    1. You’re “Lady Bird”! You’re witty, realistic and quite charming. You also possess this strange ability to make every mom and daughter in the world cry at the mere thought of you. You long to go “where culture is” and escape the burdens of your small hometown. Your mom is “always on your case,” and you act like a brat because you’re just trying to find your place in the world. (And trust us, you’ll find it.)
    2. You’re “The Shape of Water”! You have a strange but deep interest in other walks of life, especially those that live underwater. You’re curious, have a peculiar love of hard-boiled eggs and are totally #SingleAndReadyToMingle. Your life is a magical fantasy, yet it’s tainted with some harsh difficulties and realities (including a crazy man chasing after you and a Russian spy). But don’t worry, your happily-ever-after is on the horizon.
    3. You’re “Get Out”! You’re in a complicated, weird relationship right now with your significant other after meeting their parents early last year. But at the same time, you’re smart, funny and have a biting social critique of the present world around you. You peaked in high school but have maintained your popularity since. Let’s just say, you’re the future. And you’re awesome.
    4. You’re “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”! You’re salty for all the right reasons and are constantly searching for the answers to all of the unsolved problems in your life. You hold some controversial opinions that people may tend to disagree with, but regardless, you still have a great chance at defeating those naysayers (if you had the time to bother to even worry about them). After all, you’ve been on a winning streak for the past few months, so who’s to stop you now?

Chloe Lelchuk is the assistant blog editor. Contact Chloe Lelchuk at [email protected].