Double trouble: Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookie recipe

oreo_allisonfong_staff
Allison Fong/Staff

March 6 is a day of many celebrations, such as birthdays and anniversaries, but most importantly, it’s National Oreo Day! Whether you enjoy the regular Oreos, Double Stuf ones or even the crazy flavored Oreos (such as the Swedish Fish kind), we can all agree that nothing beats the classic combo of cookies and cream — well, until now. Imagine biting into what seems to be an ordinary chocolate chip cookie only to be pleasantly surprised that there’s an Oreo inside! 

oreo_allisonfong_staff

This two-in-one combo is a dangerous pairing, but it’s oh-so-delicious. What’s better than one cookie? Obviously, two cookies. To celebrate America’s favorite cookies, try out this fun and delicious Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookie recipe!

Total time: 45 minutes | Yield: 24 cookies

Ingredients

1 cup butter, softened

½ cup light brown sugar

1 cup sugar

2 tablespoons vanilla extract

2 eggs

3 ½ cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

6 ounces chocolate chips

1 Oreo cookie package

Instructions

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. 

oreo_allisonfong_staff

Combine butter and sugars together in a large bowl and mix well. Add eggs and vanilla, then mix until combined well.

oreo_allisonfong_staff

Mix the dry ingredients in a separate, medium-sized bowl.

oreo_allisonfong_staff

Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Lastly, add chocolate chips and stir to combine.

oreo_allisonfong_staff

Taking an ice cream scoop, measure out two equally sized balls of dough. The balls of dough should be just enough to cover the surface of the Oreo. Place the Oreo between the two scoops of cookie dough.

oreo_allisonfong_stafforeo_allisonfong_staff

Gently mold the dough around the Oreo, making sure that the cookie is entirely covered by the dough. Continue with this process until all of the dough is used up. If you run out of Oreos, you can save the dough in the freezer or just roll them into balls and bake them (they’re pretty good without an Oreo inside, too)!

oreo_allisonfong_staff

Place the wrapped Oreo on a parchment-lined baking sheet. These cookies have a tendency to expand when they are baking, so make sure to give them enough room on the sheet. Bake the cookies in the oven for 15 minutes or until they are golden brown. Allow them to cool before consuming!

oreo_allisonfong_staff

Happy baking!

Contact Allison Fong at [email protected].