Cereal-ously yummy Fruity Pebble cookie recipe for National Cereal Day

cereal_kelly-fong_staff9
Kelly Fong/Staff

Remember those good old days when you sat in front of your television watching the morning cartoons and enjoying your favorite sugary cereal drenched in milk? We would trade anything to go back. What if I told you that you could experience these moments once more, but in cookie form? This Fruity Pebble cookie recipe will surely take you back to childhood. Sweet and colorful, this cookie is the perfect use of your favorite childhood cereal. Celebrate National Cereal Day with this vibrantly sweet cookie – it’ll cereal-ously satisfy your sweet tooth!

Recipe: Fruity Pebble cookies

Total time: 55 minutes | Yield: 24 cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup softened unsalted butter (2 sticks)

2 cups sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 ½ cups Fruity Pebbles cereal

Instructions:

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.

cereal_kelly-fong_staff11

In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together. Combine the flour mixture with the batter and mix until dough forms.

cereal_kelly-fong_staff12

Fold the Fruity Pebbles into the cookie dough with a spatula. Make sure to do this gently as you don’t want to crush the Fruity Pebbles. After the batter is complete, place it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. This step is crucial!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line your baking pan with parchment paper and make small balls with the dough (about 3 tablespoons each) and place them 2 inches from each other on the pan. Bake for about 12-14 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for about 15 minutes before consuming so the Fruity Pebbles are crunchy!

cereal_kelly-fong_staff1

And you’re done! Wind down to your favorite childhood cartoons with your Fruity Pebble cookies dipped in a cold glass of milk. It will definitely be a nostalgic moment.

cereal_kelly-fong_staff8

Contact Kelly Fong at [email protected].