Best Berkeley comfort foods to indulge in this midterm season

food_danielacervantes_staff-copy
Daniela Cervantes/Staff

It’s that time of the semester again — sleepy eyes, tears and coffee smells are everywhere and people are wearing the same clothes for days on end because they haven’t left the library. That’s right, we’re smack in the middle of the dreaded midterm season! Instead of spending hours crying over that one midterm that didn’t go too well or needlessly stressing about all of your pending work, take the time to treat yo’self to these comfort foods. After all, self care is super important!  

Homeroom’s mac and cheese

Homeroom is possibly the king of comfort food. There’s almost nothing better than a hot bowl of mac and cheese after a tiresome day. Next time you want to indulge in some cheesy goodness, try out the jalapeño popper mac from Homeroom. Treat yo’self to this decadent, spicy treat!  

Trader Joe’s peanut butter cups

Trader Joe’s peanut butter cups give us that nice balance between sweet chocolate and slightly salty peanut butter when we don’t know what to eat. Plus, they’re super snackable and bite-sized, so you can eat 10 in a row and not even feel bad about it!

Kingpin’s doughnut holes

Light, fluffy and sweet — what’s not to love about doughnuts? Head on over to Kingpin to indulge in one — or several — of these sweet treats! Get a dozen of these cute little donut holes for less than $5! It’s the perfect food to share for alleviating some stress and gaining brownie points with your friends, roommates, etc.

Indian Flavors Express’ samosas

For those who don’t know what samosas are, you’ve got to try out these deep-fried triangles of pure joy from Indian Flavors Express. Stuffed with potato, peas and spices, samosas are a wonderful, flavorful comfort food, perfect for those late nights when you’re up studying.

Smoke’s Poutinerie traditional poutine

French fries are the perfect accompaniment to almost any food. Add some cheese and drizzle some gravy on top and they become the perfect comfort food. Get the piping hot traditional poutine from Smoke’s and actually savor each fry rather than stuffing your face five fries at a time.

CREAM’s ice cream sandwiches  

Ice cream is the best way to end any meal. Head over to CREAM and get yourself any ice cream sandwich, with cookies or brownies or even a do’sant. Sugar is the one thing we can justify eating copious amounts of during midterm season, so go ahead and indulge!

Midterms are undoubtedly a difficult time for all of us students. We at the Clog hope you take some time to take care of yourself and enjoy some comfort food!

Contact Ananya Sreekanth at [email protected].