Quiz: Which digit of Pi are you?

coloredited_williambennett_pi
William Bennett/Staff

Pi Day is upon us, and that can only mean one thing — time for the totally super fun math quiz we’ve all been waiting for! Well, sort of. Don’t roll your eyes yet! Instead of testing your knowledge on the endless digits of the oh-so-special Pi — as was probably required of you at some point during your prior schooling days or because of a bet with a frenemy — we at the Clog are here to help you figure out which digit of this irrational fella embodies you the most. Take our quiz to find out!

1. Pie or cake?
    1. Pie all the way!
    2. Cake, obviously.
    3. Um, Pi. Isn’t that why we’re here?
    4. Neither. I’m too good for sugar.
  2. What’s your favorite irrational number?
    1. The Golden Ratio! Betcha don’t know what that is. >:)
    2. e! I love me some 2.71828…
    3. 3.141592653…
    4. √2. I’m not basic.
  3. Rate the extent of your knowledge of the digits of Pi on a scale from 1-10.
    1. A solid 0.
    2. Hm, maybe 2?
    3. 7. I know A LOT of Pi’s digits.
    4. 11! I can go several thousand digits in. Please, call me Einstein.
  4. What’s your favorite iteration of “Pi?”
    1. Pi
    2. 3.1415926535…
    3. π
    4. 22/7
  5. Pick a flavor of pie (even if you prefer cake):
    1. Apple pie
    2. Pumpkin pie
    3. Coconut cream pie
    4. Cherry pie
  6. Do you believe that Pi has a final digit?
    1. I highly doubt it.
    2. Who the heck knows???
    3. To infinity, and beyond! (Well, not actual infinity. So, no.)
    4. All that begins must end.
  7.  
    1. You’re the 100th digit of Pi! Congratulations, this makes you lucky number 7, the 100th digit of our good friend Pi. You have plenty of knowledge about Pi, and it seems as though some good fortune is coming your way in the coming days because of it.
    2. You’re the second digit of Pi! This makes you the number 1. You don’t know a ton about Pi, and you probably forgot that today was even the renowned Pi Day. And, some may say that “first is the worst,” while “second is the best,” (and “third is the one with the hairy chest”), so take from this what you will.
    3. You’re the 3,141st digit of Pi! This makes you the number 2! You’re practically a Pi connoisseur and can be seen consuming large amounts of pie while memorizing as many digits of Pi as you can on this sacred day. But, proceed with caution, number 2, as consuming large amounts of pie may lead to, well, a different kind of No. 2…
    4. You’re the 22,459,157,718,361st digit of Pi! You’re so smart and advanced that we can’t even tell you exactly what number you are. But, you’re probably some sort of robot with your own Pi algorithm running, so it’s more than likely that you know which number you are already. And hey, you’re the latest digit to be verified as a digit of Pi, so you have a lot going for you.

Chloe Lelchuk is the assistant blog editor. Contact Chloe Lelchuk at [email protected].