6 UC Berkeley-inspired strains of weed to smoke this 4/20

strains_mayashen_file
Maya Shen/File

4/20 is finally upon us, so what better way to celebrate than the most UC Berkeley way there is: chilling on Memorial Glade and hanging out with friends waiting for the cloud of smoke at 4:20 p.m.? What kind of strain will you be trying out this year to emulate all that is kush-loving UC Berkeley? Sure, we’ve heard of “indica” and “sativa,” but we at the Clog are here to introduce you to new UC Berkeley strains that’ll make 4/20 even better.

Oski strain

The Oski strain is unpredictable. You could either end up totally wired or totally burned out, never in between. There’s only one person who’s ever survived the experience of the Oski strain without going completely off the edge. Yup, you guessed it! Our beloved mascot Oski has crowned himself king of the Oski strain. If you’ve ever wondered why Oski is the way he is, blame it on the Oski strain he smoked a few 4/20s ago.

Moffitt strain

Weed is usually what people smoke to feel relaxed and calm. However, the Moffitt strain goes against that! The Moffitt strain acts as a type of academic stimulant that can keep you awake and focused at Moffitt Library the whole 24 hours a day that it’s open! Goodbye, Adderall!

Sproul strain

This strain will have you becoming everyone’s best friend — just as clubs suddenly become your best friends on Sproul when they want you to take a flyer. The Sproul strain gives you the sort of bravery needed to go up to complete strangers and ask them if they want to join your cult club.

Dwinelle strain

The Dwinelle strain rattles your brain and even works as a type of hallucinogen. When you take a hit from this strain, you start seeing double of everything. With so much going on around you, you’ll definitely lose any sense of direction you had before. You’ll feel like you’re lost in Dwinelle Hall!

51B strain

This strain makes everything slow down. Just like the 51B, you’ll feel as though you’re late on everything — even your body movements will feel delayed! The 51B strain should definitely be taken once you’ve settled down and are done with activities for the day, because it might take you way more than Berkeley time to get to class.

UCBMFET strain

The UCBMFET strain will have you feeling all types of emotions, but overall, you’ll feel happy. From making you want to cry to making you want to laugh, the UCBMFET strain will have you feeling OK with the world. Everyone who takes a hit from the UCBMFET strain only talks in funny puns and becomes so relatable that all users naturally gravitate toward each other.

Remember to make the most of this relaxing day before finals hit you. Have fun and be safe this 4/20! See you out on the Glade!

Contact Joyce Cam at [email protected].