The perfect goodbye playlist for our graduating bears

oski-dancing
Emily Filkin/File

Wow! Although finals week is dreaded by everyone, those graduating are also reminded that they are almost at the finish line! For all of us not graduating this year, we wish members of the class of 2018 nothing but luck in their future endeavors. It’s hard saying goodbye to our fellow Bears, but we can’t wait to see what you all do after living an interesting life at UC Berkeley. We at the Clog bid you adieu with this perfect playlist compiled with songs to make you laugh, cry and feel. Here are a few highlights in this playlist. UC Berkeley will always be a home for you! Congratulations!

“Graduation (Friends Forever)”  — Vitamin C

This song may be super cliché, but no matter how many times you listen to it, you can’t help but feel nostalgic. This song is truly timeless, as it really makes you think of your journey and the friends you’ve made while in college. Vitamin C is something we all need — the actual vitamin and the band.

“Survivor” — Destiny’s Child

You’ve made it through UC Berkeley’s crazy academics, people and life in general. This may be one of the most difficult four years of your life, and you did it! If you really think about it, it can only go up from here. UC Berkeley graduates are some of the greatest heroes on any college campus. Congrats! You’re a survivor!

“There’s Nothing Holdin’ Me Back” — Shawn Mendes

Nothing can hold you back now! You’re a UC Berkeley graduate. It’s time to spread your wings like a peregrine falcon and take off — just not into Evans Hall. Sorry! Too soon?

“I’ll Be There For You” — The Rembrandts

UC Berkeley will always be your family. Whenever real adult life gets tough, just remember that we’ll always be there for you. Count on us to cheer you on from the sidelines. We’ll be there for you when the rain starts to pour (which is always in the Bay Area). We’ll be there for you like we’ve been there before. We’ll be there for you, ’cause you’re there for us too. Go Bears!

“We’re All In This Together (Graduation Mix)” — High School Musical Cast

Even though you’re saying goodbye to UC Berkeley, we’re still all in this together. The class of 2018 is going through the same nostalgia, stress and happiness together. As UC Berkeley students, we all go through the same shit here. We’re all in this together, forever and always.

Check out the rest of this 90-minute playlist on Spotify!

Like we’ve said before, UC Berkeley becomes your home and home will always be here for you. Congratulations to all the Golden Bears!

Joyce Cam is the blog editor. Contact Joyce Cam at [email protected].