It’s that time of year again! The NBA Finals — aka the Golden State Warriors taking on LeBron James (and the Cavaliers) — are finally here. If you’re not a basketball connoisseur (or even if you are), here’s a game that might be more of your speed. Get a team together or go one-on-one. Grab your Solo Cups and get your arms warmed up, because the players on the court won’t be the only ones pulling up and taking shots.
Drink every time…
- Any commentator talks about LeBron going to eight straight NBA Finals
- Any commentator refers to LeBron as “King”
- Doris Burke asks more than three questions to someone in a courtside interview
- J.R. Smith or Nick Young misses a 3-pointer
- The camera zooms in on a Curry family member
- Draymond Green gets a technical foul — this one counts for two drinks!
- Someone credits a deity in a postgame interview for their success
Take a shot every time…
- LeBron has a chase-down block or a block on a fast break
- Stephen Curry shimmies after a 3-pointer
- Anyone converts a 4-point play — take 2 shots or shotgun
Drown your sorrows…
- If the Cavaliers get swept — take four shots for LeBron’s poor soul and the four L’s he carried his team to.
- If the Warriors blow a 3-1 lead and lose in Game 7 — down an entire fifth by yourself.
- If the lead is less than 5 in the final two minutes of regulation or overtime — everyone drinks until the last two minutes are up.
No matter what team you’re rooting for, you’re guaranteed a game you won’t remember. Don’t worry, though — that’s what the recaps are for! So get your game face on and make sure your laces are tied tight. Happy drinking, and don’t forget to take some water breaks.
Contact the Daily Cal Sports Staff at [email protected].