SWAT teams serve arrest, search warrants in 6 East Bay locations

swat_wikimedia-commons_cc
Wikimedia Commons/Courtesy

SWAT teams from six East Bay police departments served arrest and search warrants in six different locations Wednesday.

Police departments from Alameda, Berkeley, Oakland, Hayward, Brentwood and Pittsburg sent SWAT teams at 6:00 a.m. to serve warrants for people responsible for a series of cellphone store robberies in Alameda and Contra Costa counties, according to a press release from the Alameda Police Department, or APD.

Six suspects were identified, four of whom were arrested Wednesday.

On April 9, multiple armed suspects engaged in a “takeover style robbery” of an Alameda AT&T store, which prompted an APD investigation, according to the press release. Investigators were able to identify suspects and determined that several similar robberies in surrounding counties were all related.

According to the press release, the armed suspects all entered cellphone stores and took merchandise and customers’ personal property by force.

The press release added that the investigation is ongoing, and other law enforcement agencies are currently pursuing other leads.

Revati Thatte is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @revati_thatte.

• Paisley Fontaine

Hmmmm…i wonder if they were all black…?