6 songs that will take you back to the feels of summer

coloredited_jessicakhauv_moods
Jessica Khauv/Staff

Summer is coming to an end and we’re preparing to head back to UC Berkeley to start another year of learning – so exciting, we know. Like always, summer went by with a blink of an eye. As we say goodbye to summer, here are six songs you can listen to that will take you back to all the moods you had throughout the last three months.

The playlist starts off with “all the kids are depressed” by Jeremy Zucker. Let’s be honest — we were all a little depressed after the hell of a year we just had with taking L’s from left and right. As Zucker perfectly puts it, “Nothing ever makes sense / I’m not feeling all right / Staying up till sunrise / And hoping shit is OK.” Shit was not OK, and that was totally fine because we were finally able to step foot into summer.

As we started to forget about the wreck of a year we just had, we began to enjoy the relaxation and freedom that summer brought upon us. The classic song “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper definitely describes our mood throughout the first few weeks of summer. It was filled with fun, new experiences and zero stress. Can we go back?

The upbeat songs “Run the World (Girls)” by Beyoncé and “Zack And Codeine” by Post Malone sum up the last few months of summer. Everyone was finally on summer vacation, and parties and traveling became frequent activities.

To our productive Bears who had secured internships, jobs and/or registered for summer classes, the next song pretty much sums up your entire summer vacation. All you did was work, work, work, work, work. Is it even considered a vacation at that point?

Ah, now we have reached the last phase of summer. Vanessa Carlton’s hit song “A Thousand Miles” truly describes what we are feeling at this moment. We are drowning in the memories of summer and we just don’t want to let it go. We would do anything, even walk a thousand miles, to see summer one last time.

See you all in a week, Golden Bears!

Contact Kelly Fong at [email protected].