September: The golden month for us Golden Bears

coloredited_fallorientation_full_sat-698x450
Franchesca Spektor/File

We here at the Clog want to say what we’re sure you’ve been thinking for a while now: September is unequivocally, unarguably the best month of the year. It’s like we can read your mind or something, right? The Golden Gate of bridges, Eiffel of towers, Air Force One of planes, September is, in short, the GOAT. Either way, for a month so iconic, September deserves an equally iconic goodbye party. Here are a few ways for all you Golden Bears to say adieu to the golden month.

Honor the month with some September-themed songs

While walking to class in the warm September sun, sporting your summer-meets-fall-meets-any-type-of-crazy-weather-Berkeley-throws-at-you-next type of clothes can be fun, you know what is even better? Walking to class while listening to the perfect song to get you pumped up and ready to crush that lab.

If you’re looking for a song that makes you bop your head to the lyrics, puts a lil pep in your step, the Clog directs you to the original Earth, Wind, and Fire version of “September.” A fair warning is in place, though — you may find yourself unable to stop from busting out your best dance moves (specifically the sprinkler) on Sproul.

If you’re looking for the perfect song to complement your cozy sweater and pumpkin spice latte, we refer you instead to the Taylor Swift cover of Earth, Wind, and Fire’s “September.” Haters gonna’ hate, but its John Mayer tones will leave your heart warm, even if the autumn winds start to blow.

Remember iconic Virgos

September is the month of all things Virgo, full of names we know and moreover, love. Michael Jackson, the “King of Pop,” although technically speaking, was born Aug. 29, still graces September with his influence as a Virgo. The second Virgo throne belongs to Queen Bey, but if real royalty is what you’re looking for, look no further than across the pond — more specifically to Buckingham Palace, where you’ll find Virgo Prince Harry. Finally, we present the most important type of royalty: UC Berkeley legends. Chris Pine, a Virgo, graduated in 2002 and has starred in a myriad of films from “Star Trek” to “Wonder Woman” since then. In conclusion: go Virgos, go Bears, go Chris Pine!

Admire Beyoncé’s American Vogue September cover

Speaking of Beyoncé, the queen herself was featured on the cover of American Vogue this September. As the most quintessential issue of the year, the September cover is an honor I think we can all agree we’re “Crazy in Love” with. The cover was shot by Tyler Mitchell, the first Black photographer to shoot the cover for Vogue in its 125-year history. So take the iconic magnitude of a Beyoncé cover and double it, if that’s even mathematically possible.

Welcome October by decorating

It’s finally time to take that trip to your storage unit, the very back corner of your closet or maybe even the dollar store, because it’s time to get festive! Halloween is officially around the corner, which means it’s somewhat socially acceptable to start the decorating in September (well, late September), which we’re glad to announce is right about now. So grab your pumpkins, twinkle lights and turn on the “Monster Mash” because spoiler alert: October is pretty great too!

Though we’re sad to see the month of September come to a close, it’s safe to say that this September was filled with the same golden moments it always seems to grant us. To honor the end of this golden month, try some of these things before it ends!

Contact McKenna Hathaway at [email protected].