Cal senior wins November Pac-12 Swimmer of the Month

andrew-seliskar_phillip-downey_file
Phillip Downey/File

After a dominant performance in November’s Georgia Fall Invitational, Cal senior Andrew Seliskar has been named the Pac-12 Swimmer of the Month.

At the invitational, Seliskar contributed to three relay wins for the Bears and achieved “A Cut” times in the 200-yard individual medley, the 200-yard breaststroke and the 500-yard freestyle.

Seliskar’s outstanding performance in Athens was just one of many this season, as he has been arguably the Bears’ most valuable swimmer in 2018.

The senior kicked off the new season with an incontestable victory at the annual “King of the Pool” meet against Cal Poly, and since that opening day thriller, he has continued to prove his worth as a competitor and as a leader on the team.

With no competitions set to occur for the rest of the calendar year, Seliskar and his teammates can rest up and prepare for spring’s NCAA Championships. Until then, though, November’s Swimmer of the Month award will serve as a nice stocking stuffer for King Andrew as he heads into the holiday season.

Joey Patton covers men’s swimming and diving. Contact him at [email protected].

The photo credit accompanying a previous version of this article incorrectly stated that a photo taken by Phillip Downey was a senior staff photo. In fact, it should have been credited as a file.