Berkeley police report 3 traffic collisions resulting in injury in 1st week of new year

brief-collisions_google_courtesy
Google/Courtesy

Three local traffic collisions involving pedestrians and resulting in injury occurred in the first week of 2019, according to a Nixle alert released Thursday.

On Jan. 3 at 7:24 p.m., Berkeley police officers responded to a reported collision at the intersection of Sacramento Street and Virginia Street involving a car and a pedestrian. The pedestrian, a 60-year-old Berkeley resident, was crossing the intersection when he was struck by a northbound vehicle on Sacramento Street.

The pedestrian, now in stable condition, was seriously injured and transported to a local hospital for treatment. The driver, a 65-year-old El Camino resident, remained on the scene and is cooperating with investigators.

On Jan. 4 at 6:46 p.m., officers responded to a collision at the intersection of Sacramento Street and Lincoln Street involving a vehicle and a pedestrian. The pedestrian, a 69-year-old Berkeley resident, was crossing Sacramento Street when she was hit by a car driving southbound.

The pedestrian, who was seriously injured and transported to a hospital for treatment, has since been released from the hospital. The driver, a 69-year-old Piedmont resident, remained on the scene and is cooperating with investigators.

On Jan. 7 at 5:55 p.m., officers responded to the 1400 block of Delaware Street regarding a traffic collision that involved a vehicle and a pedestrian. The pedestrian, a 60-year-old Berkeley resident, was crossing Delaware Street in the midblock cross walk when a westbound vehicle struck him.

The pedestrian was taken to a local hospital to treat a head injury and has since been released. The driver, a 27-year-old Crockett resident, remained at the scene and is cooperating with investigators.

Amanda Bradford is an assistant news editor. Contact her at [email protected] and follow her on Twitter at @amandabrad_uc.