You got it, dude! Your day guide to San Francisco

Google Maps/Courtesy

San Francisco is one of the greatest cities to explore. From the famous Golden Gate Bridge to Fisherman’s Wharf, there’s so much to do and see, but just not enough time! (I’m just here patiently waiting for when we’re able to stop time). If you’re only in San Francisco for a short period of time, here’s how you can tackle a majority of the touristy spots in less than 24 hours. Prepare yourself, because it’s going to be a jampacked day!

Mama’s on Washington Square

1701 Stockton St., San Francisco, CA 94133

This is by far one of the most popular breakfast/brunch restaurants in San Francisco. There’s always a line that wraps around the restaurant, even on weekdays! If you want to beat the line, come bright and early before they open, which is at 8 a.m. You can’t go wrong with anything on the menu. Plus, it will definitely fill your stomach up for the long day of touristy adventures you have ahead of you. Some of our favorite dishes include the Northwest Omelette served with perfectly smoked salmon, the vegetarian benedict and the entire french toast menu. The dense and flavorful bread is made on site every morning, and it is to die for!  

Lombard Street

Commute from previous destination: 1.6 miles (~ nine-minute drive)

Lombard Street is a windy street surrounded by flowers and topped with a killer view of the city. It’s one of the attractions you have to visit when you’re in San Francisco. Many people drive through the windy street, but we highly recommend walking it! It’s an easy stroll, and as a bonus, you can enjoy the amazing characteristics of this unique street without those annoying cars behind you!  

Palace of Fine Arts

3601 Lyon St., San Francisco, CA 94123

Commute from previous destination: 1.7 miles (~ seven-minute drive)

Can we talk about the beauty of the architecture of the Palace of Fine Arts? I’ve visited this gem multiple times, and it still amazes me every single time I go. The Palace of Fine Arts is a monumental structure that was originally built for the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition. Take your time walking through the Palace of Fine Arts and appreciate the art and beauty of it! 

Battery Spencer

Conzelman Road, Sausalito, CA 94965

Commute from previous destination: 7.2 miles (~ 20-minute drive)

A jaw-dropping view of the Golden Gate Bridge can be found at Battery Spencer, and you’re able to see the bridge extremely up close. Definitely an Instagram-worthy lookout point.  

Crissy Field

Commute from previous destination: 3.8 miles (~ 10-minute drive)

This is another spot that provides a jaw-dropping view of the entire Golden Gate Bridge. Take a stroll around the spacious, grassy area that makes up Crissy Field, and be mesmerized by the beauty of the view of both the city and the Golden Gate Bridge.

Arsicault Bakery

397 Arguello Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94118

Commute from previous destination: 2.2 miles (~ nine-minute drive)

You’ll probably be hungry at this point in your day, but not hungry enough to grab a full meal because of the filling meal you just had at Mama’s. Arsicault Bakery serves some of the best croissants your stomach and taste buds will ever encounter. Its croissants are extremely crispy, and with every bite, the flakes will melt in your mouth as you taste the buttery wonders that make up the croissant.   

Painted Ladies

Steiner and Hayes streets, San Francisco, CA 94117

Commute from previous destination: 2 miles (~ 10-minute drive)

Whoa, baby! Hoping to see the seven iconic houses featured in “Full House”? You got it, dude!  These are the most famous houses in San Francisco by far. They’re featured in many TV shows and postcards! This is yet another Instagram-worthy shot to spice up your feed!   

16th Avenue Tiled Steps   

16th Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94122

Commute from previous destination: 3.4 miles (~ 12 minutes)  

A large range of vibrant colors and another amazing view of the city make up these famous mosaic steps. Each set of steps creates a different picture and one picture as a whole when you look at the staircase from the bottom!

Twin Peaks

501 Twin Peaks Blvd., San Francisco, CA 94114

Commute from previous destination: 3.1 miles (~ 10-minute drive)

Two peaks with two mesmerizing views of the city!  It’s quite windy up here, so bring a jacket!

La Taqueria

2889 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94110

Commute from previous destination: 3 miles (~ 12 minutes)

You can’t go to San Francisco without eating Mission’s famous and enormous burritos. La Taqueria serves some of the best burritos in San Francisco. End your adventure by chowing down on a delicious burrito and reminiscing about all the memories you’ve just created in the lovely city we call San Francisco.

We hope you enjoy your day-long adventure in San Francisco! Don’t forget to explore the nearby neighborhoods such as Hayes Valley and the Castro District if you have time! Good luck!

Contact Kelly Fong at [email protected].