Annotated agenda items for the UC Regents’ upcoming meeting

Board to meet at UC San Francisco's Mission Bay campus from Sept. 13-15

These documents are taken directly from the agendas posted on the UC Board of Regents’ website. The Daily Californian higher education reporters Damian Ortellado and Jessica Rossoni and university news editor Jordan Bach-Lombardo annotated the agendas with salient information and suggested further reading to clarify the agenda items. The time and day of the committee meeting is given beneath the agenda item title. The meetings can be streamed on the board’s audio streaming webpage.

The UC’s Economic Impact on the state of California, Comm. on Finance

(Thursday, Sept. 15 at 10:45 a.m., annotated by Jordan Bach-Lombardo)

The UC Office of the President commissioned an economic analysis company to prepare a report highlighting the university’s extensive economic impact on the state.

Development of a multi-year budget plan, Comm. on Finance

(Thursday, Sept. 15 at 10:45 a.m., annotated by Damian Ortellado)

To reduce unpredictability in the UC’s budget, implementing a multi-year budget plan has been discussed at several recent board meetings. The board will take up the idea again on Thursday.

Funding graduate academic students, Comm. on Educational Policy

(Thursday, Sept. 15 at 9:00 a.m., annotated by Damian Ortellado)

Recruiting top-notch graduate students — who influence all levels of the university’s academic enterprise, whether as GSIs for undergraduate students or as research assistants for faculty — is crucial for the UC to maintain its excellence.

Funding graduate academic students, Comm. on Compensation

(Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 10:15 a.m., annotated by Jessica Rossoni)

According to a recent compensation report compiled by the UC, total compensation for senior management positions at the university is 14 percent lower than similar positions at comparable institutions.