Azealia Banks Releases New Track

Polydor Records/Courtesy

Azealia Banks started hype with her release of “212” last fall, and her deliciously raunchy rhymes have gained huge interest in proportion to the work she has released. Her tracks drip with dance beats, guilt-free usage of the C-word, and quickness topped off with just enough cockiness.

In the past year, she has already worked with the Scissor Sisters and rumored work with Kanye West, M.I.A. and OneRepublic is on the way. On top of that, she recently signed with Universal Music in January.

Fashion icon and designer Karl Lagerfeld has also taken interest in her. By inviting her to perform for him at a dinner party during Paris Fashion Week and again this past weekend to perform to celebrate a new Chanel store opening in Japan, he has helped establish a platform for her as a strong female rapper about to leave Nicki Minaj in her shadow. She performed a new track for him called “Fuck Up the Fun,” produced by Diplo.

Polydor Records/Courtesy

She just released an EP in the UK including “212” and other remixes on March 25th along with the internet release of “Fuck Up the Fun.” Her debut LP is tentatively named “Broke with Expensive Taste,” and is set to release in September. The lyrical focus is of a young girl trying to make it, and perhaps she herself is realizing that maybe she is not that girl anymore but is starting to see the signs of truly making it.

Catch her at Coachella in April, and then she is touring mostly the UK this summer in her European tour.