Male victim of armed robbery on Dana Street and Durant Avenue

A male was a victim of armed robbery early Monday morning on Southside.

At approximately 5:45 a.m., a 21-year-old male of unknown affiliation was walking on Dana Street and as he approached Durant Avenue, a vehicle pulled up and three suspects got out of the back of the car and walked up to him, according to a UCPD crime alert.

The first suspect allegedly pulled out a handgun and demanded the victim’s property while the second suspect was said to be holding what appeared to be a Taser gun as the third suspect stood by, according to the alert. The victim complied with the demand but did not see the car drive away.

The victim was not injured during the incident. The suspects were last seen walking south on Dana Street towards Channing Way but although Berkeley Police Department and UCPD officers searched the area, they were unable to find the suspects or the vehicle, according to the alert.

Below is the UCPD Crime Alert description of the suspects:

Suspect #1 — A Hispanic male in his 20s, 6’2”-6’4” in height, wearing a black jacket, blue jeans, a black Lakers baseball cap and holding a dark semi-automatic handgun.

Suspect #2 — A Hispanic male, 19 to 20-years-old, 5’8” in height, wearing a grey sweater, and holding a Taser like weapon.

Suspect #3 — A Hispanic male, 20-years-old, 5’8” in height, wearing a grey sweater and unknown pants, acting as a possible lookout.

Suspect Vehicle – A green Toyota 4 door.

View Armed robbery 5.28.12 in a larger map

Anjuli Sastry is an assistant news editor.