Crime in Berkeley: June 23 — June 28

The following is a sample of crime in Berkeley from June 23 — June 28, provided by the Berkeley Police Department.

Strong Arm Robbery — Intersection of College Avenue and Dwight Way

On Saturday, June 23, at approximately 5:45 p.m., a strong arm robbery occurred at the intersection of College Avenue and Dwight Way.  The 19-year-old female victim was walking in the area.  The victim was approached by the suspect who stole her cell phone using force.  The victim was not physically harmed.  The suspect fled to a waiting black four door vehicle.

The suspect was described as:

Suspect  “Black male, 20s, 5’10” tall, medium build, short hair wearing a baggy white t-shirt and baggy jeans.”

Robbery at Business

On Sunday, June 24, at 1:10 a.m., an employee reported that a robbery occurred at the business.  Three unknown adult suspects entered the business, two males and one female.  The female suspect was armed with a gun and the suspects forced the employees into a room, locking them in.  The suspects stole an undisclosed amount of cash and several personal items from the employees.  The suspect then fled the business.  No injuries were reported by the employees.

The suspects were described as follows:

Suspect #1  “White female, 160 cm tall, 120 lbs, in her 30s, yellow hair, wearing black coat, black pants, armed with a long black gun.”

Suspect #2  “Hispanic male, tall, strong, 140lbs, 35-years-old, short hair wearing dark colored long sleeve shirt, dark colored pants.”

Suspect #3  “Hispanic male, short, 135-140 lbs, pigtail hair style, wearing a dark colored coat and dark pants.”

Strong Arm Robbery — Channing Way and Fulton Street

On Sunday, June 24, at approximately 10:23 p.m., a strong armed robbery occurred at the intersection of Channing Way and Fulton Street.  The 20-year-old victim, was walking in the area when she was approached by three female suspects.  The suspects knocked the victim to the ground and removed her purse taking several items.  The suspects fled east on Channing Way from Fulton Street.

The suspects were described as:

Suspect #1  “Black female, between the ages of 18-20, thin build wearing a pink hooded sweatshirt.”

Suspect #2  “Black female, between the ages of 18-20, thin build wearing dark clothing.”

Suspect #3  “Black female, thin build, nothing further.”

Attempted Strong Arm Robbery — 2700 Block of Telegraph Avenue

On Monday, June 25, at approximately 6:18 p.m., an attempted strong arm robbery occurred in the 2700 block of Telegraph Avenue.  The 18-year-old victim was walking in the area when he was approached by the suspect.  The suspect attempted to forcibly remove personal property from the victim.  A struggle ensued and the suspect was unable to gain control of the property.  The suspect fled, running south on Telegraph Avenue.

The suspect is described as:

Suspect  “Black male, 20-years-old, 6′ tall, 200 lbs, short black hair wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and gray sweatpants.”

Strong Arm Robbery — Intersection of Parker Street and Piedmont Avenue

On Monday, June 25, at approximately 5:30 p.m., a strong arm robbery occurred near the intersection of Parker Street and Piedmont Avenue.  The 19-year-old victim was walking to her residence when the suspect approached her from behind.  The suspect pulled the victim to the ground and stole her cell phone.  The suspect then fled the area on foot.  The victim was not injured.

The suspect is described as:

Suspect  “Black male, 16-years-old, 5’7″ tall, thin, bald, clean shaven wearing a light blue short sleeved shirt and light blue jeans.”

Incident of Vandalism — 2700 Block of Marin Avenue

On Monday, June 25, at approximate 6:00 p.m., an incident of vandalism occurred in the 2700 block of Marin Avenue.  Unknown suspect(s) trespassed on the property.  The suspect(s) damaged a garbage container and lawn furniture.

Strong Arm Robbery — Intersection of Page and 9th Streets  

On Tuesday, June 26, at approximately 4:30p.m., a strong arm robbery occurred near the intersection of Page and Ninth Streets in Berkeley.  The two female victims were approached by the suspects.  The victims were threatened with physical harm and ordered to hand over their property.

The suspects were described as:

Suspect #1  “Hispanic male, 18 to 19-years-old wearing a black t-shirt and blue jeans.”

Suspect #2  “Hispanic Male, 18 to 19-years-old wearing blue jeans.”

Suspect #3  “Hispanic Male, 18 to 19-years-old wearing blue jeans.”

Residential Burglary — 1700 Block of Euclid Avenue 

On Tuesday, June 26, at approximately 3:34 a.m., a residential burglary occurred in the 1700 block of Euclid Avenue.  An unknown suspect entered the residence stealing several items from the home.  The suspect then fled the home.  There is no description of the suspect.

Robbery Via Gun — Intersection of Hillegass Avenue and Parker Street

On Thursday, June 28, at approximately 10:04 p.m., a robbery via gun occurred near the intersection of Hillegass Avenue and Parker Street.  The 20-year-old victims were walking in the area when they were approached by the suspects.  One suspect pointed a gun at the victims demanding their property.  The other suspect took the victims property.  The suspect then fled the area.  The victims did not report being injured.

The suspects were described as:

Suspect #1  “Black male, 20-years-old, 6’1″-6’2″ tall, thin build wearing light jeans.”

Suspect #2  “Black male, 20-years-old, 5’8″-6’1″ tall, thin build wearing a dark color hooded sweatshirt and dark jeans.”

Auto Burglary — Berkeley Marina

On Thursday, June 28, between 5:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., an auto burglary occurred in the Berkeley Marina. The victim parked her vehicle around 5:30 p.m.  When the victim returned she discovered her vehicle’s window was smashed and personal items were taken.  A suspect(s) are unknown at this time.

View Crime in Berkeley: June 23 — June 28 in a larger map

Anjuli Sastry is an assistant news editor.