Crime in Berkeley: July 8 — July 11

The following is a sample of crime in Berkeley from July 8-11, provided by the Berkeley Police Department.

Attempted Robbery — 1500 Block of Stuart Street

On July 8, at approximately 11:00 p.m., an attempted robbery occurred in the 1500 block of Stuart Street.  The victim was knocked to the ground causing minor injuries. The suspect attempted to take the victim’s property, but was unable to get any of the property.

The suspect is described as:

Suspect – “Black male juvenile, 16 years old, 5’5” tall, 155 lbs., wearing a red short sleeve shirt, black pants and red tennis shoes.”

Auto Burglary — 2100 Block of Channing Way

On July 8, at approximately 6:25 p.m., a victim reported an auto burglary in the 2100 block of Channing Way. The victim reported an unknown suspect broke the window of the vehicle, stealing electronic equipment.

Auto Burglary — 2300 Block of Ward Street

On July 8, at approximately 12:00 p.m., a victim reported an auto burglary in the 2300 block of Ward Street.  The unknown suspect broke a window to the vehicle taking personal property.

Auto Burglary — 2800 Block of 7th Street

On July 9, at approximately 2:00 p.m., an auto burglary occurred in the 2800 block of 7th Street. The unknown suspect broke the window to the victim’s vehicle, stealing computer equipment.

Auto Burglary — Claremont and Avalon Avenues

On July 9, at approximately 6:10 p.m., an auto burglary occurred in the area of Claremont and Avalon Avenues. The unknown suspect broke the window to the victim’s vehicle, stealing personal property.

Report of Loud Party — Dwight Way and Piedmont Avenue

On July 9, at approximately 11:07 p.m., Berkeley Police Department officers responded to the area of Dwight Way and Piedmont Avenue for a report of a loud party. A BPD officer was able to locate the loud party and have it quieted.

Injury Collision — Intersection of Ashby Avenue and Acton Street

On July 9, at approximately 3:31 p.m., Berkeley Police Department officers responded to an unknown injury collision at the intersection of Ashby Avenue and Acton Street. The handling officers arrived on scene and learned there were no injuries, and the involved parties had exchanged their information.

Armed Robbery — 2400 Block of Haste Street

On July 9, at approximately 11:00 p.m., a robbery occurred in the 2400 block of Haste Street.  The victim reported two unknown suspects approached him, while walking in the area.  One suspect pointed, what appeared to be a gun at the victim and demanded his property. The victim gave him his property. The suspects ran from the area.

The suspects are described as:

Suspect #1 – “Black Male Adult, 21-22 years old, 5’10”-5’11” tall, heavier than average build wearing a black zippered hooded sweatshirt and black clothing, possibly armed with a gun.

Suspect #2 – “Unknown race male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.”

Report of Loud Music — 1900 Block of Alcatraz Avenue

On July 10, at approximately 10:30 p.m., a caller reported loud music in the 1900 block of Alcatraz Avenue. A BPD officer responded to the area and was able to locate the source of the loud music. The resident turned down the music when contacted.

Vandalism — Location unknown

On July 10, at approximately 6:39 a.m., the victim reported that their vehicle was broken into sometime during the night. The victim discovered their vehicle window smashed and the interior of the vehicle had been gone through. The victim reported no property was taken. The suspect is unknown.

Vandalism — 1600 Block of Alcatraz Avenue

On  July 10, between 8:15 a.m. and 9:55 a.m., an attempted residential burglary occurred in the 1600 block of Alcatraz Avenue. The resident reported returned to their home and discovering tool marks to the door. Entry was not gained to the residence and the suspect is unknown.

Auto Burglary — 1300 Block of San Pablo Avenue

On July 11, between 12:27 p.m. to 2:27 p.m., an auto burglary occurred in the 1300 block of San Pablo Avenue. The victim reported and unknown suspect broke the window to their vehicle. The suspect then removed property from the victim’s vehicle.

Anjuli Sastry is an assistant news editor.