Southside business rundown

Derek Remsburg/File

Jan Flatley-Feldman/Staff

The city of Berkeley sees a number of business openings and closures during the course of a year. Here is a brief update on recent happenings in local business.

Body Time opens on Telegraph Avenue
Body Time, located at 2391 Telegraph Ave., opened in late August after first being established on Telegraph Avenue in 1970 and then moving. It is a local chain with five locations in the Bay Area, three of which are in Berkeley. The business sells botanical beauty products, bath and body products and customized perfumes. Body Time is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

U Cafe opens on Durant Avenue
U Cafe opened Aug. 24 at 2550 Durant Ave. The cafe sells Asian pastries, coffee, smoothies and cakes. The business also does catering and custom cakes for events. It is open Sunday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to midnight and Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. until 2 a.m.

Thai Noodle II reopens on Telegraph Avenue
After a fire damaged the front of its building last November, Thai Noodle II reopened Sept. 14. The restaurant serves Thai cuisine and is open every day 11 a.m. to midnight.

Sheng Kee bakery to open on Telegraph Avenue
Sheng Kee will be opening on 2307 Telegraph Ave. near American Apparel in November or early December. The Berkeley location will be the 12th store of the Bay Area chain bakery to open and will sell coffee, french toast, cake and Asian pastries. The business will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day.

Pepe’s Pizza closes down
Pepe’s Pizza’s location at 2516 B Durant Ave. closed at the beginning of the semester.  

Contact Alyssa Neumann at [email protected]