Crime in Berkeley: Sept. 23 to Sept. 29

View Crime in Berkeley: Sept. 23 — Sept. 29 in a larger map

The following is a sample of crime in Berkeley from Sept. 23 to Sept. 29, provided by the Berkeley Police Department.

Residential Burglary — 2300 Block of Dwight Way

On Sept. 23, between 3:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m., a residential burglary occurred in the 2300 Block of Dwight Way. An unknown suspect entered the home possibly through an unlocked door. The suspect took a computer and several other electronic items.

Robbery — 200 Block of Alvarado Road

On Sept. 24 at approximately 3:35 p.m., a robbery occurred in the 200 block of Alvarado Road. The victim was working in the area when he observed the unknown suspect steal tools from his vehicle. The victim confronted the suspect who brandished a knife at him. The suspect fled in a black possible 2 door Mazda.
The suspect is described as:

Suspect – “Hispanic Male, 35 years old, dark skin, beard wearing a dark baseball cap, black T-shirt and jeans.”

Stolen Vehicle — 2000 Block of Vine Street

On Sept. 25 at 7:30 a.m., the victim reported her vehicle stolen from the 2000 block of Vine Street. The victim parked and locked her vehicle on Sept. 24 at approximately 6:30 p.m. When she came out the next morning her vehicle was missing. An unknown suspect stole the victim’s vehicle. Taken was a 2007, Volkswagen, Jetta, blue in color.

Auto Burglary — 100 Block of Seawall Drive

On Sept. 26 between 6:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. an auto burglary occurred in the 100 block of Seawall Drive. The victim parked and locked her vehicle in the parking lot. When she returned to her vehicle she discovered an unknown suspect broke one of the windows. The suspect stole several items of luggage.

Vandalism — 3200 Block of Adeline Street

On Sept. 27 at 8:00 a.m., the manger of a business in the 3200 block of Adeline Street reported a vandalism incident. An unknown suspect spray painted the side of the building without permission.

Stolen Vehicle Recovered — Marin Avenue/Creston Road

On Sept. 28 at 7:53 a.m., a stolen vehicle was recovered in the area of Marin Avenue and Creston Road. A BPD patrol officer was working in the area of Marin Avenue and Creston Road. The officer observed the vehicle parked in the area and noted the window was down and the vehicle is one commonly reported stolen. The officer learned the vehicle had been reported stolen out of the City of Albany. The owner was contacted and the vehicle was returned to them.

Suspicious Circumstances — Parker Street/Chilton Way

On Sept. 29 at approximately 7:29 p.m., a caller reported a possible carjacking in the area of Parker Street and Chilton Way. The caller reported the responsible appeared intoxicated, asked him to take him to San Francisco. When he refused the responsible tried to open his door. Officers arrived on scene and detained the responsible. After contact with the responsible, officers determined the subject was intoxicated in public. The responsible was arrested for public intoxication and booked into the Berkeley City Jail.

From BPD: Please note that these are Calls For Police Services (CFS) only and are subject to review and reclassification.  These CFS numbers only reflect part one crimes reported to BPD.  The numbers reflected in the report are only a snapshot of what occurs in the City of Berkeley.  The numbers are considered for informational purposes only and should not be used for data analysis or comparison to other agencies.  Cases may be reclassified after further review of the incident, by supervisors, investigating detectives or the District Attorney as appropriate.

Weiru Fang is the assistant city news editor. Contact her at [email protected].