Crime in Berkeley: Oct. 7 to Oct. 13

View Crime in Berkeley: Oct. 7 — Oct. 13 in a larger map

The following is a sample of crime in Berkeley from Oct. 7 to Oct. 13, provided by the Berkeley Police Department.

Suspicious Person — 1700 Block of Blake Street

On Oct. 7, at approximately 11:12 p.m., a citizen reported a suspicious person in the 1700 block of Blake Street. It was reported the subject was possibly in the neighborhood casing for thefts. Officers were dispatched and an area check was negative. No thefts were reported.

Vandalism — 2200 Block of Blake Street

On Oct. 8, at approximately 6:30 p.m., the victim reported her vehicle damaged while it was parked in the 2200 block of Blake Street. The victim reported that an unknown suspect used a sharp tool and scratched the paint of her vehicle.

Theft — 2200 Block of Durant Avenue

On Oct. 9, at approximately 6:16 p.m., the victim reported his cell phone stolen from inside a restaurant in the 2200 Block of Durant Avenue. The victim left his cell phone unattended for a moment while he went out front. While he was away an unknown suspect stole it.

Commercial Burglary — 1600 Block of San Pablo Avenue

On Oct. 10, at 10:48 a.m., the owner of a restaurant in the 1600 block of San Pablo Avenue reported being the victim of burglary. The unknown suspect(s) broke a window to the business. The suspect or suspects then prowled the business stealing beverages.

Robbery — 2600 Block of Benvenue Street

On Oct. 11, at approximately, 9:16 p.m., a robbery occurred in the 2600 block of Benvenue Street. The female victim was walking in the area when she was grabbed from behind by the unknown suspect.  The suspect grabbed the victim’s cell phone and a struggled occurred. The suspect was able to grab the phone from the victim’s hand and ran to a waiting vehicle, black sedan a possible Lexus.

The suspect is described as:

Suspect – “Black Male, early 20s, 5’11” tall, slim build, medium complexion wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and light tan pants.” 

Loud Reports — 2600 Block of Ellsworth Street

On Oct. 12, at approximately 11:43 p.m., BPD received several reports of possible gunshots in the area of the 2600 block of Ellsworth Street. Officers were dispatched to the location and did an area check. They did not locate any signs of a shooting, an no victims or damaged property were located.

Stolen vehicle — 1300 Block of Seventh Street

On Oct. 13, at approximately 2:39 p.m., the victim reported his vehicle stolen from the 1300 block of Seventh Street. The victim parked and locked his vehicle on the night of Oct. 12. The victim returned to his vehicle at 1 a.m. on Oct. 13 and discovered his vehicle missing. The stolen vehicle is a White, 1990, Acura, Integra, two doors.

From BPD: Please note that these are Calls For Police Services (CFS) only and are subject to review and reclassification.  These CFS numbers only reflect part one crimes reported to BPD.  The numbers reflected in the report are only a snapshot of what occurs in the City of Berkeley.  The numbers are considered for informational purposes only and should not be used for data analysis or comparison to other agencies.  Cases may be reclassified after further review of the incident, by supervisors, investigating detectives or the District Attorney as appropriate.

Weiru Fang is the assistant city news editor. Contact her at [email protected]