Weekly business rundown: Week of Nov. 5

The city of Berkeley sees a number of business openings and closures during the course of a year. Here is a brief update on recent happenings in local business.

La Rose Bistro closes
The popular California-French cuisine restaurant La Rose Bistro closed its location at 2037 Shattuck Avenue Oct. 29 after a 10-year run. According to the owner Hai Nguyen, the restaurant was forced to leave Berkeley due to the location’s high rent. Nguyen has opened an offshoot restaurant in Concord under the name La Sen Bistro, which offers customers a similar type of cuisine. Nguyen said he thanks his loyal customers for their support and encourages them to visit his new location.

Bartavelle Coffee and Wine Bar opens
Located on 1603 San Pablo Avenue, Bartavelle Coffee and Wine Bar opened on Oct 23. Described as a “European style café” by its owner Suzanne Drexhage, Bartavelle Coffee and Wine bar offers both coffee and wine enthusiasts an array of options. Customers can accompany their wine or coffee with something from the small bites menu, which includes pastries, cheese and cold cuts.

Namaste and 7th Heaven Yoga announce merger
7th Heaven Yoga & Wellness center merged on Nov. 1 with Namaste Yoga and Wellness to form the largest yoga and wellness resource in the East Bay. The merged studio — located at 2820 7th street — offers customers various yoga and wellness classes. “Our combined network of students and teachers will create a strong community, and give us the ability to grow and thrive into the future,” said co-owner Jodie Evans in a press release.

Contact Andrea Guzman at [email protected]