Crime in Berkeley: Jan. 27 —Feb. 2

View Crime in Berkeley: Jan. 27—Feb. 2 in a larger map

The following is a sample of crime in Berkeley for the week of Jan. 27 to Feb. 2, provided by Berkeley Police Department.

Stolen vehicle — 2700 block of Dohr Street

On Jan. 27 at 7:30 p.m., a victim reported his vehicle stolen from the 2700 block of Dohr Street. The victim parked his white 1994 Ford F-250 pickup truck on the street. The victim was contacted by Oakland Police Department, which notified him that his vehicle was located in Oakland. It is unknown who stole the vehicle.

Auto burglary — 2400 block of Webster Street

On Jan. 28 between 8 p.m. and 9:45 p.m., an auto burglary occurred in the 2400 block of Webster Street. The victim parked his vehicle on the street and locked it. The unknown suspect broke a window to the vehicle, stealing the victim’s laptop.

Loud reports — 1800 block of Spruce Street

On Jan. 29 at approximately 7:59 p.m., Berkeley Police Department received reports of possible gunshots in the 1800 block of Spruce Street. Berkeley police officers responded to the area and were unable to locate any property damage or a victim.

Residential burglary — 1400 block of Harmon Street

On Jan. 30 between 4:30 p.m. and 8 p.m., a residential burglary occurred on the 1400 block of Harmon Street. The unknown suspect forced open a rear window. The suspect prowled the residence, stealing numerous items, including cameras and jewelry.

Robbery attempt — 1500 block of Russell Street

On Jan. 31 at approximately 3:30 p.m., an attempted robbery occurred on the 1500 block of Russell Street. A Berkeley Police Department officer was on patrol in the area when he interrupted the robbery. The two suspects attempted to rob a 27-year-old male victim of Berkeley. One suspect was armed with a gun. The two suspects started to walk away when they saw a Berkeley police officer driving in the area. The two suspects were detained by Berkeley Police Department and arrested on suspicion of attempted robbery.

Vandalism — 2900 block of Seventh Street

On Feb. 1 at approximately 2:46 p.m., an unknown suspect vandalized a business in the 2900 block of Seventh Street. An employee of the business reported the suspect or suspects vandalized the building via graffiti.

Theft — 2200 block of Ashby Avenue

On Feb. 2 at 3:20 p.m., a victim reported her wallet taken from inside a business on the 2200 block of Ashby Avenue. A wallet was taken from the victim’s bag, which was located under her desk. It is unknown who stole the victim’s property.

From the Berkeley Police Department: Please note that these are Calls For Police Services (CFS) only and are subject to review and reclassification.  These CFS numbers only reflect part one crimes reported to BPD.  The numbers reflected in the report are only a snapshot of what occurs in the City of Berkeley.  The numbers are considered for informational purposes only and should not be used for data analysis or comparison to other agencies.  Cases may be reclassified after further review of the incident, by supervisors, investigating detectives or the District Attorney as appropriate.

View Crime in Berkeley: Jan. 27—Feb. 2 in a larger map.

Andy Nguyen is the lead crime reporter. Contact him at [email protected].