Crime in Berkeley: Feb. 10 to Feb.16

View Crime in Berkeley: Feb. 10 to Feb.16 in a larger map

The following is a sample of crime in Berkeley for the week of Feb. 10 to 16, provided by Berkeley Police Department.

Loud reports — 2100 block of Los Angeles Avenue
On Feb. 10 at approximately 1 p.m., residents on the 2100 block of Los Angeles Avenue reported hearing several loud reports. Officers responded to the area and discovered the loud reports were fireworks related to a Chinese New Year celebration.

Robbery — Etna and Derby streets
On Feb. 11, at approximately 7:45 p.m., a robbery occurred near the intersection of Etna and Derby streets. The female victim was walking in the area when she was approached by two unknown suspects. One suspect demanded money from the victim. The victim gave her the money she had. The other suspect then searched the victim for any other property. The suspects then got into a vehicle, which was last seen going south on College Avenue.

The suspects are described as:
Suspect 1 – “Black female, 18 years old, 5’3”, wearing a dark baseball hat and dark clothes.”
Suspect 2 – “Black female, NFD”
Suspect Vehicle: Newer red convertible, possibly Ford Mustang.

Auto burglary — 1100 block of San Pablo Avenue
On Feb. 12, at approximately 2:15 p.m., an auto burglary occurred on the 1100 block of San Pablo Avenue. The unknown suspect broke the window of the victim’s vehicle. The suspect prowled through the vehicle but did not take anything.

Residential burglary attempt — 2800 block of California Street
On Feb. 13, at approximately 9 a.m., an attempted residential burglary occurred on the 2800 block of California Street. The reporting party heard an unknown suspect kick in the door of a residential home. The reporting party called the police and reported seeing someone nearby. The police arrived and determined the door of the home had been kicked in. The resident arrived and reported that nothing was missing from the home.

Robbery — 2200 block of Shattuck Avenue
On Feb. 14, at approximately 7:19 p.m., a robbery occurred on the 2200 block of Shattuck Avenue. The unknown suspects entered the store and removed several cellphones and attempted to exit the store without paying for them. When confronted by an employee, the suspects threatened to physically harm her. The employee, fearing for her safety, moved aside. The suspects then fled the store.

The suspects are described as:
Suspect 1 – “Black male, 20 years old, 5’7”, skinny build wearing a dark baseball hat, navy blue hooded sweatshirt.”
Suspect 2 – “Black male, late teens, 5’5”, skinny build wearing a navy blue windbreaker.”
Suspect 3 – “Black male, late 20s, 6’0”, wearing dark clothing.”

Stolen vehicle — Ashby and San Pablo avenues
On Feb. 15, between 5 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., an auto theft occurred near the intersection of San Pablo and Ashby avenues. The victim reported parking and locking her vehicle in the area. She returned and discovered her vehicle was missing. It is unknown who stole her vehicle. The vehicle taken is a gray 1993 Honda Civic with four doors.

Residential burglary — 1200 block of Hopkins Street
On Feb. 16, at approximately 6 a.m., a residential burglary occurred on the 1200 block of Hopkins Street. The victim reported possibly hearing footsteps early in the morning. He later discovered that several items were taken from his residence. The unknown suspect possibly gained entry through an unlocked door.

View Crime in Berkeley: Feb. 10 to Feb.16 in a larger map.

Andy Nguyen is the lead crime reporter. Contact him at [email protected]
and follow him on Twitter @Andy_Truc.