Addy Bhasin’s Picks of the Week

SFMOMA/Courtesy

“Paul Klee’s Circus” at SFMOMA
A selection of prints and drawings by Expressionist artist Paul Klee will spend its last two days at SFMOMA this weekend. If you’re into abstract sketches of clowns and acrobats (or if you don’t know it yet), bid adieu to the series of circus-inspired drawings this week.

“The Secret Garden” at Zellerbach Hall
Frances Hodgson Burnett’s beloved children’s novel “The Secret Garden” has been adapted to the stage and will be running at Zellerbach Hall until Sunday. Renowned composer Nolan Gasser, the chief musicologist for Pandora Internet Radio, has composed this glittering gem of an opera. Cal Performances’ show, a co-production with the San Francisco Opera, is an uplifting tale of friendship, positivity and the power of nature.

10th Annual San Francisco International Ocean Film Festival at Pier 39
50 films. 5 oceans. 1 festival. Swim by the 10th Annual San Francisco International Ocean Film Festival at the Bay Theater on Pier 39 this weekend to catch a glimpse of various ocean-related documentaries. “Plastic Paradise: The Great Pacific Garbage Patch” and “Song of the Spindle,” an animated conversation about the differences between the brains of humans and those of whales, are two promising films. With French explorer and environmentalist Jean-Michel Cousteau in attendance and the opportunity to discover the next “The Cove,” the SF International Ocean Film Festival is “shore” to be an eye-opening experience.

Passion Pit plays San Francisco
Take a Walk” over to the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium to dance with Passion Pit this Thursday. We’ll leave the sugary-sweet pop tunes to push midterms out of your mind and set your soul free.

Contact Addy Bhasin at [email protected].