Crime in Berkeley: March 10 – 16

This is a sample of crime in Berkeley from March 10 to Nov. 16, provided by Berkeley Police Department.

Auto burglary — 2700 block of Fulton Street

On March 10 at approximately 3:00 p.m., the victim went out to her vehicle and discovered a window was broken. An unknown suspect had broken the window, stealing a computer bag with documents and a flute.

Robbery — 3300 block of Adeline Street
On March 11 at approximately 11:50 p.m., a robbery occurred in the 3300 block of Adeline Street. The male victim was walking in the area when he was approached by two unknown suspects. One of the suspects was armed with a gun. The suspects stole the victim’s cellphone, backpack and wallet. The suspect struck the victim with the gun, which resulted in minor physical injuries.

The suspects are described as:
Suspect 1 – “Black male adult, 25 to 30 years old, 5’9”, skinny to medium build, medium length hair, light facial hair, wearing a dark puffy jacket.”
Suspect 2 – “Black male adult, 25 to 30 years old, 6’, medium build, light facial hair, wearing a baseball hat and a hooded jacket.”

Robbery — Dana and Carleton streets
On March 12 at approximately 10:14 p.m., a robbery occurred near the intersection of Dana and Carleton streets. The female victim was walking in the area. Three unknown suspects approached her from behind. One grabbed her, knocking her down. The suspects then punched and kicked the victim. The suspects stole the victim’s cellphone and tablet.

The suspects are described as:
Suspect 1 – “Black male adult, early 20s, 5’9”, medium build, short black hair, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and dark blue jeans.”
Suspect 2 – “Black female adult, early 20s, 6’-6’2”, medium build, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and jeans.”
Suspect 3 – “Black male adult, early 20s, 5’9”, medium build, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and jeans.”

Vandalism — 2400 block of Seventh Street
On March 13 at approximately 11:10 p.m., the suspect went to the victim’s home. The victim and suspect were previously in a relationship. The suspect broke the windows to the victim’s vehicle using a brick. The incident was seen by a witness, who detained the suspect until the police arrived. The suspect was arrested for vandalism to a vehicle.

Residential burglary — 1500 block of Parker Street
On March 14 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:15 p.m., a residential burglary occurred in the 1500 block of Parker Street. The unknown suspect forced open the rear door and entered the home. The suspect stole cash and a computer.

Battery — 2300 block of Bancroft Way
On March 15 at approximately 8:45 a.m., a fight occurred in the 2300 block of Bancroft Way. The victim reported the suspect creating a disturbance. The suspect approached the victim and started yelling at him. The suspect spit on the victim and started kicking him. The victim fought back, and the suspect fled the area.

The suspect is described as:
Suspect – “Filipino male or Asian male, 30s, 5’6”, 130 lbs, wearing black glasses and a maroon hat.”

Residential burglary — 2400 block of Ellsworth Street
On March 16 at approximately 3:30 a.m., a residential burglary occurred in the 2400 block of Ellsworth Street. The unknown suspect entered the victim’s home, possibly through an unlocked door. The suspect stole the victim’s laptop.

Please note that these are Calls For Police Services (CFS) only and are subject to review and reclassification.  These CFS numbers only reflect part of the crimes reported to BPD. The numbers reflected in the report are only a snapshot of what occurs in the city of Berkeley. The numbers are considered for informational purposes only and should not be used for data analysis or comparison to other agencies. Cases may be reclassified after further review of the incident by supervisors, investigating detectives or the district attorney as appropriate. 

Jaehak Yu is a news editor. Contact him at [email protected]