Outside Lands announces 2013 Lineup

Outside Lands/Courtesy

Outside Lands is normally known for its stellar lineup of a wide variety of artists, and this year’s is no exception. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Phoenix and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs are heavy hitters this time around. However, this year has arguably the biggest headliner since Radiohead fronted the festival the first year it was offered. The Beatles legend himself Paul McCartney will be gracing Golden Gate park’s stage. Not much more needs to be said about him, other than his performance will most likely garner the largest crowd an Outside Lands performer has ever had.

In addition to the fab Sir Paul, Willie Nelson will be jamming at the festival as well with his family, providing another 70’s legend in the mixture of the modern music giants. In addition to the aforementioned bands, Jurassic 5, Vampire Weekend, The National, Pretty Lights, and The Head and the Heart will all be playing as well.

More recent up and comers will be there as well, such as Tallest Man on Earth, Grizzly Bear and Atlas Genius will all be performing off the coattails of their recent(ish) album releases. The festival will also feature some prominent local acts such as Thao & The Get Down Stay Down.

I could go on for awhile about how incredible this year’s lineup is. I could go on about how producer/DJ legend Zedd will be there to the adoration of electro-junkies, or how Flea will melt the crowd’s faces off with funky bass slaps, or how Trent Reznor will undoubtedly shred the microphone with his voice. But each artist on the bill could have an entire blog post dedicated to them. Instead, if you can’t wait for August to come, you’d be best served to snag the next round of tickets when they go on sale this Thursday.

Ian Birnam covers music. Contact him at [email protected].