5 reasons we think everyone should attend Cal

James Hall/Courtesy

Do you remember your first time at Cal? We’re assuming you walked through the craziness of Sproul, roamed around the beautifully aged buildings on campus, tried the “famous” food places like C.R.E.A.M. and Cheeseboard … or all of the above.

It’s time to take a trip down memory lane to help possible incoming freshmen make this crucial decision. After all, they are going to become some of the happiest freshmen of all state universities.

We started a list, but we know all of you creative Berkeley students probably have more reasons you will tell your friends/siblings/classmates before the May 1 deadline passes. What did you love most about Cal when you first visited its campus? What made you fall in love?

We at the Clog think these are the main reasons Cal is so great:

1. Spirited student body. Our school is full of amazingly talented and ecstatic people. We are passionate, brilliant and full of life. Hanging around a group full of charisma is infectious.

2. Lively city. From rallies and protests to scientific discoveries and world-famous professors, Berkeley is a city that makes history. Our city thrives and is full of people seeking greatness. If you don’t find inspiration in a city like Berkeley, we’re not sure where you’re going to find it.

3. Nature or city life. We have the best of both worlds. If you’re a city lover, hop on BART and take a trip to San Francisco or simply explore the awesome places in Berkeley. If you’re more of a nature person, you can hike behind Clark Kerr Campus, enjoy the pockets of nature nuzzled between buildings on campus or take a trip to Strawberry Canyon. Berkeley accommodates both types of people.

4. Awesome food. Meal plans may suck, but the food in this city sure doesn’t! What’s even better about it is its price. There is a plethora of cheap, delicious meal options for Cal students all over Berkeley.

5. Quality education. We’re learning from the best, obviously. We have so many teachers who care about our education — not just the grade. They want us to succeed in life and truly understand the material they are presenting to us. This was especially evident when we broke our record of applicants this year.

These are just a few of the fantastic things that make Cal the greatest school in the world, now add your own in the comments below.

Contact Kristen McFadden at [email protected] or follow her on twitter @kmcfadden7.