Get your culture shot before finals make your life miserable

Believe it or not, it’s already that time of the semester. Dead week is creeping upon us with only a week of regular instruction left. The Clog knows that you’ll be seriously stressing out in a few days — or maybe you’re stressing out already — and we want you to savor your last moments of sanity. We made a list of three events and performances that you should try to squeeze into your schedule before finals make your life absolutely miserable.

1. Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater: The company will continue to have performances in Zellerbach Hall tomorrow and Sunday, so there’s still time to get tickets if dance is your thing. Exercising is supposed to relieve stress, so watching people exercise probably has the same effect, right? At any rate, Alvin Ailey is a world-renowned dance company, and the show at Cal Performances is rumored to be amazing.

2. Pericles, Prince of Tyre: The Berkeley Repertory Theater is performing one of Shakespeare’s lesser-known plays — “Pericles, Prince of Tyre” — until May 26. It’s a tragicomedy, so it’ll make you both cry and laugh. You might as well indulge now, you probably won’t smile again in awhile. Plus, if you buy your tickets for Mother’s Day, you get 20% off.  Awww.

3. Silence at the Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive: Have you ever wondered whether true silence really exists? This exhibit answers questions like “Can I hear silence?” and “Can I see nothingness?” through the exploration of films and paintings. And it’s free for UC Berkeley students. It’ll certainly give you a lot to think about, since dead week’s pretty much completely silent.

The Clog wishes you a happy last week of relative freedom! Take advantage of it, Bears.

Image Source: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, under Creative Commons

Contact Sabrina Werts at [email protected]