Summer Orientation Issue: (70) Days of Summer

Elsa Pearson/Staff

While the campus is relatively desolate from June to August, the last thing you want is to feel like you’re “stuck” in Berkeley for the summer. This special summer issue is designed to help you find ways to maximize the remaining 70 days of summer in Berkeley.

You don’t need to leave Berkeley to find your escape: you can travel the world without leaving the dinner table and discover the hidden treasures that the Bay Area has to offer.

Whether it’s your first summer in Berkeley or your last, here’s to making it great.

The Daily Cal Summer Arts Calendar

In May 5, 1985, the Cal rugby team won its first national title under Coach Jack Clark over Maryland at Pebble Beach, Calif.

Check out the Daily Cal summer arts calendar, the go-to place to check out all the arts events in the Bay Area over the summer.

Low-key destinations to check out in the Bay Area

Summers at Cal present the perfect time to explore the Bay Area, but finding cool sites to visit that aren’t crowded with tourists can be a challenge.

Taste the world in Berkeley

With restaurants serving cuisines from around the world in Berkeley, this summer is your time to go on a culinary adventure.

Summer dog days: a photo essay

Over the summer, the Berkeley campus, especially Memorial Glade, has become a favorite spot for pets and pet owners alike.

Summer perspectives: a photo essay

Even if you are working full-time or taking summer classes, summer in Berkeley is an experience unlike any other season.

The beauty of a Berkeley summer

With some planning and open eyes, summer in Berkeley can be a fulfilling experience.

Summer survival guide

Sports editor Riley McAtee offers some advice on survival a rather dull summer of sports.

Status update: your summer relationship

Summer is finally here, and that means more time to spend with the person who makes you feel amazing.