BERKELEY'S NEWS • OCTOBER 01, 2022

Armed robbery occurs at Dwight and Warring

JULY 08, 2013

An armed robbery took place Friday morning at the intersection of Dwight Way and Warring Street.

According to a UCPD crime alert released Friday, the two victims, a 21-year-old male and a 21-year-old female whose affiliations are unknown, were walking in the area of the intersection at approximately 2:15 a.m. when they were approached by two males.

When a perpetrator armed with a handgun pointed it at the victims and demanded their property, the victims complied and turned their property over to the perpetrators, who entered into a waiting vehicle that fled the area.

According to the alert, the vehicle was possibly a black Honda, Acura, or Nissan from the late 1990s to early 2000s.

The victims were not physically injured during the encounter. Berkeley Police Department and UCPD searched the area but were unable to find the suspects.

According to the UCPD crime alert, the perpetrators are described as:

Perpetrator No. 1 — A black male, late teens to early 20s, 5 feet 8 inches with a thin build, wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt and armed with a gun.

Perpetrator No. 2 — A black male, late teens to early 20s, 5 feet 10 inches with a thin build, wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt.

Contact Stephanie Petrillo at 

JULY 10, 2013