Art Siriwatt’s Picks of the Week

Rockstar Games/Courtesy

Grand Theft Auto V

Probably the only game you will play for the next two months, “Grand Theft Auto V” is coming out Tuesday. Featuring multiple characters; a new setting in Los Santos, a fictionalized version of LA; and more activities, such as skydiving and bank heists, there should be plenty to do in this open-world game. And expect a well-crafted story about the corrupt American Dream that Rockstar is known for.

Prisoners

While the trailers seems to give away the whole plot of the movie in two minutes (seriously, don’t watch it), lots of positive buzz seems to be surrounding “Prisoners,” starring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal. And if the hype is to be believed, there are many more twists and turns in this thriller than what the trailer would have you believe. Especially during what is something of a dry spell of decent big-budgeted films, “Prisoners” seems like a solid choice for a weekend viewing.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

The classic Gamecube tile returns in a high-definition remake for the Nintendo Wii U. Don’t expect this release on store shelves, however: The game will be available only through download from Nintendo’s online shop or with the purchase of a special Wii U console bundle. But expect sharper graphics, two-screen functionality and gameplay improvements in this classic game. If you have a Wii U, be sure to check out this rerelease Friday.

Francis Wong at BAM

If you enjoy a mixing of jazz, dance, personal storytelling, spoken-word poetry and visual media, Francis Wong’s performance for [email protected]: Friday Nights at the Berkeley Art Museum is a perfect way to spend a Friday night. As with much performance art, expect Francis Wong to be a bit esoteric. But for a performance free for Cal students, it’s worth checking out.