BERKELEY'S NEWS • OCTOBER 01, 2022

Fashion News: M.I.A. x Versace

OCTOBER 02, 2013

Following the premiere of the lavish music video for Migos’ latest radio hit, Versace has proven once again to be one of the most recognizable high fashion names in the rap industry. It comes to no surprise that the Italian design house has chosen to collaborate with one of music’s baddddest and most beloved artists, M.I.A.

The British-born Sri Lankan rapper, songwriter, director, mother, and worldwide influencer, whose new album, Matangi, is due out November 5, let it slip at the Balenciaga’s Spring 2013 RTW fashion show that the project is set to come out in two weeks. It will be under Donatella Versace’s edgier second line, Versus, which the designer intends to be a ground for selected designers and artists to render their own interpretations of the nineties-grounded brand.

New York designer J.W. Anderson did the first collaboration, which featured bold, sculpted looks delivered with an androgynous air that certainly challenged the traditional Versace aesthetics of show-stopping glamour and ultra sensuality. That being said, we can’t wait to see what this latest partnership will bring to the runway.

Contact Ashley Chen at 

OCTOBER 02, 2013