Even though Halloween is just around the corner, indulging your sweet tooth is a timeless tradition. So is indulging in absolutely delicious food such as this pumpkin bread, which will have you reaching for another slice the moment the first hits your tongue.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 ¼ shredded pumpkin (preferably fresh)
- 1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds (toasted about 400 degrees for approximately 4 minutes)
- 2 bowls (medium to large)
- Nonstick 9- x 5- x 3-inch loaf pan
- Mixing spoon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt together into one bowl.
- In the other bowl, beat the eggs until you have a smooth paste.
- Mix the sugar and vegetable oil into the bowl, and continue mixing the contents until you have a smooth, lump-free paste.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and shredded pumpkin into the bowl, and mix for approximately 2 minutes.
- Transfer the sifted dry ingredients to the second bowl, and mix it until the contents of both bowls have properly combined into a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan.
- Put the loaf pan in the oven for approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes. To check the bread’s progress, insert a toothpick or a knife. If the utensil comes out clean, the bread is done.
- Allow the bread to cool completely (should take around 10 minutes).
If you don’t have a nonstick loaf pan, you can use a standard one; just grease it with butter or vegetable oil and flour. If you want to make your pumpkin bread a bit healthier, you can use whole-wheat flour instead of regular all-purpose flour. Not only is it delicious, but it is also moderately healthy, with one slice having only 205 calories. It’s a delicious holiday treat without any of the trick.
Contact Spandana Singh at [email protected]