Art a la Carte: curating visual art from around the web

As the art world expands to accommodate new technology, the Internet and a wider audience, it can often be daunting to understand. “Art a la Carte” aims to be your weekly curated guide to the realm of visual art. Whether it’s photography from a local artist or a fun collection of illustrations, “Art a la Carte” has got you covered. If you just need a study break or are genuinely curious about the current art scene, check us out. After all, you are what you click on!

1. Instagram is art, right? From Beyonce to Bon Iver to Best Coast, “Rolling Stone” has you covered on a selection of your favorite musicians and their favorite photography app.

2. No matter how cliched it is, the Golden Gate Bridge holds a special place in the hearts of all Berkeley students. Here’s an illustrated, childlike take on the bridge, complete with cute captions.

3. Autism is complex and often incomprehensible. Photographer Timothy Archibald aims to document the developmental disorder through haunting snapshots of his autistic son, Elijah.

4. Last week, not one but two paintings from the 1960s broke the $100 million mark at art auctions. Read about the Warhol that sold at Sotheby’s for a whopping $104.5 million here.

5. What do you get when you pair Wes Anderson with Prada? Watch and find out!

6. And after you watch that short film, go visit a Wes Anderson-inspired art exhibit at Spoke Art Gallery in San Francisco.

7. We’ll close this week with a website “where photography and food fall in love.” So heavenly.

Contact Addy Bhasin at [email protected]