BERKELEY'S NEWS • NOVEMBER 27, 2022

Take a look at our 2022 midterm elections special issue!

5 signs you shouldn't live with your friends next year

|

Staff

DECEMBER 13, 2013

Winter break is usually the time to figure out living arrangements for next year. If you find yourself wondering whether you should live with your biffles, make sure you consider these key insights before you settle for one group of friends. This decision can either be the best or haunt you for the next year as you feel sad every time you go home to your apartment. Here are a few signs you shouldn’t live with these people:

1. You can’t stay in the same room with her for extended periods of time.

Go Away

If you find yourself running out of the room as if the person you were with just sucked all the oxygen out of it, maybe you shouldn’t live together. We all have those friends we can only handle in small doses — if your future housemate is one of them, consider changing plans.

2. You haven’t seen him in a week.

Where Have You Been

At first glance, this may not seem like an issue. Once the bills start rolling around and you’re struggling to find your roommate, however, things can get tricky. Although it’s not your job to “mother” your roommates, it would be helpful to know he’s alive and will be returning at some point.

3. You don’t agree with her lifestyle.

check yourself

If your idea of fun is going to a rager every single night and bringing home that fun night with you and your roommate’s idea of fun is a quiet night of Scrabble, you may not be the best roommates. Some of the most awkward fights can happen when one person is intoxicated and the other is as sober as a judgmental judge.

4. Alternatively, both of you are the same exact person.

wedding dresses

Being two peas in a pod may be cool, but living with the exact same person can cause lots of problems. If you’re both slobs, for example, you will be living in a pile of filth. If you’re both into crazy partying, you will be living in a pool of liquor. If you’re both lazy, your bills may never get paid. Sometimes, opposites aren’t a bad thing.

5. The only reason you’re friends is beacuse you can share a bottle of Corona.

cheers

If you can’t have a conversation with someone unless it revolves around alcohol, reconsider living with him. You may turn into an alcoholic.

Image sources: Doctor Popular under Creative Commons, jmuprobziamaserverintelligentdeadweightbuffay-tribbiani.tumblr and whatshouldwecallmeskidmore

Contact Ilaf Esuf at [email protected]

DECEMBER 12, 2013